The Sewing Place

18in boy doll clothes

datcat23

18in boy doll clothes
« on: October 01, 2019, 08:19:04 AM »
My sister told me that my nephew is crazy about dolls at the moment, so I decided to get him an "american girl" style 18inch doll, but a boy doll. 

But, the doll comes nekkid   ;)  So I will need to make him some clothes.

I would love it if anyone can point me to some simple boy clothing patterns, that I can use for this doll. 
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Efemera

sleepingwolf

Re: 18in boy doll clothes
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 14:37:59 PM »
Lee and Pearl also have some boys/ unisex patterns including a lab coat and goggles that I really love.

Ann

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 11:11:18 AM »
@datcat23  Pixie Faire has jeans and button up shirt patterns that are unisex. They also have cargo pants. You can look at McCalls patterns and see if there is one that you could use for boys. Simplicity may have some also.

For a boy doll, I would do a pair of jeans, pull on pants, a shirt, t-shirt, jacket/sweater, and something fun. Maybe Harry Potter

Boy Doll Patterns
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 11:13:08 AM by Ann »
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 14:26:05 PM »
Do you mean sewing or knitting?  I've just had a look in my inherited pile of knitting patterns from Mother, who's given up, and there is a pattern book, Jarol 614, which has patterns for that size of doll ("larger sizes are also suitable for premature babies").  For boy dolls there are vest and pants; leggings & coat; romper & pixie hood; dungarees & sweater; beach suit.

If you're interested, PM me and I can supply images.

datcat23

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 22:07:48 PM »
Do you mean sewing or knitting?  I've just had a look in my inherited pile of knitting patterns from Mother, who's given up, and there is a pattern book, Jarol 614, which has patterns for that size of doll ("larger sizes are also suitable for premature babies").  For boy dolls there are vest and pants; leggings & coat; romper & pixie hood; dungarees & sweater; beach suit.

If you're interested, PM me and I can supply images.

Thank you for the offer Henrietta, but I don't knit anything more than squares.  I have purchased a couple of the pixiefaire ones, and plan to give them a try. 
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

toileandtrouble

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 05:18:15 AM »
PJs
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m