The Sewing Place

Love these fabrics

Fabric Lover

Love these fabrics
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:44:05 AM »
I picked these 2 fabrics to make a changing bag for my sisters baby grandson - not yet born. The anchor fabric will be the lining.
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Ohsewsimple

Re: Love these fabrics
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 19:03:12 PM »
I hope he appreciates it! 0_0
I like your choice. I've made two baby bags but they,ve been with Cath Kidston fabric.  Not my choice but the girls loved them.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 20:08:21 PM »
Thanks OSS, I'm always surprised at the popularity ONG CK  fabric and it isn't cheap! I've made 4 or 5 of them, all using quilting cotton, the advantage being that are very easily washable and recipients have appreciated that. There are a lot of pattern pieces to cut out - always the part I hate!  :S

shadykittykat

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 06:03:59 AM »
Very cute fabric  :) it will make a lovely bag
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Pinkstar

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 14:35:06 PM »
Lovely fabric, will you show us a photo when its finished please.

Vegegrow

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 16:15:53 PM »
I picked these 2 fabrics to make a changing bag for my sisters baby grandson - not yet born. The anchor fabric will be the lining.

Love the fabric... what pattern do you use for the bag ?
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Fabric Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 13:59:18 PM »
Love the fabric... what pattern do you use for the bag ?
It is a Simplicity patter VG, will let you know the pattern no when I'm at home later.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 16:38:43 PM »
VG - the number is Simplicity 2924, http://www.simplicity.com/simplicity-pattern-2924-diaper-bag-accessories/2924.html
It makes up very well and I've always had great feedback from anyone I've made it for. I think the numerous pockets included have been really appreciated. I'll put some pics up of previous makes.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 16:56:28 PM »
These are 2 of the nappy changing bags that I made last year.    :sew:

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 20:02:53 PM »
They're great. Love the fabrics.    The ones I made were for my stepdaughter and a student of mine.  I used Lisa Lam's pattern from one of her books.  It has loads of pockets and separate sections inside. Took ages to cut everything out and I had to label it all.  I did come across a couple of mistakes in her instructions but generally they were very detailed and good. 

maliw

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 20:20:00 PM »
Oooh I like the fabrics especially the pirate one, what make is it? Your bags are lovely, not something I thought of making for my grandchildren.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Fabric Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 15:05:49 PM »
Oooh I like the fabrics especially the pirate one, what make is it? Your bags are lovely, not something I thought of making for my grandchildren.
Maliw - The pattern (Simplicity 2924) is very easy to make with all the notches in place and good instructions. The pirate fabric has a label in the selvage which says "Dapper Collection ". It was reduced to £5.95 per metre from £9.95 at Myfabrics https://www.myfabrics.co.uk/81-6213-006_cotton-pirates-treasure-3.html.
The blue and white with anchors is from Fabricland.

jen

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 13:33:18 PM »
Nice fabrics, should look super. I like those changing bags too.