The Sewing Place

Applique kit WIP

annieeg

Applique kit WIP
« on: November 10, 2019, 15:14:27 PM »
I've been out of touch for a while but wanted to post this picture of a WIP i'm making for my new great-niece as an Xmas pressie.
Its a kit -  most of the images/lettering of which are cut out of cotton fusible fabric and appliqued to the panel.
I tried various applique stitches, e.g., blanket stitch, zig-zag stitch of different widths. 
Its not expert, but I think will be good enough to give as a gift when its done.

@Iminei -  I'm using the Atelier 6  as I thought I should give it an airing 0_0

As a beginner project, its good practice and not too demanding (which is just as well, given the sewist in question :) :)
Annie

fajita

Re: Applique kit WIP
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 15:17:56 PM »
Very cute, @annieeg  <3

rubywishes

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 02:03:58 AM »
Oh that's so sweet and looks just fine! I have a small wall hanging kit awaiting my attention...it will be my first foray into applique and I'm just a bit nervous about it all so I admire your endeavour!
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 09:07:37 AM »
That's lovely @annieeg !  Beautiful colours too!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.