The Sewing Place

Winter Vogue patterns

UttaRetch

Winter Vogue patterns
« on: October 03, 2019, 09:11:39 AM »
See them here.   I like

and

as I can't resist a glamourous coat.  As always, some of these patterns may not cross the pond.

Greybird

Re: Winter Vogue patterns
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 09:17:29 AM »
Thank you @UttaRetch . I have missed your prompt posts to show us these. I like the Koos Van Der Akker jacket.

By the way, I also like your avatar picture - it's lovely.

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 09:28:32 AM »
Vogue hasn't had a really distinctive coat pattern for what seems like ages.  I may buy the pattern in a future sale as I seem to be collecting coat patterns.  :D

The picture is a selfie taken on the train then rendered into a pencil sketch.

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 09:59:52 AM »
I love the coat, too, though I don't have the shape for it any longer.  That applies to the long, flowing wide evening trousers and the special occasion dress which would make an elegant winter wedding dress, maybe edged with fur?
Back in the real world, I would wear this dress in the longer knee-length version.

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 10:03:30 AM »
I do like the shirt ...disappointed with the Marcy Tilton, it just looks like every other T-shirt she’s done.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 10:11:25 AM »
@UttaRetch lovely to have you back, and I too missed your new patterns posts.

Nothing for me in those, although I love that coat, and some of the other very fitted garments, but no use to fat old me.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 10:27:34 AM »
I've just looked at the Marci Tilton a bit closer - it has lots of seam/dart detail that isn't visible in the dark fabric pic, I may be interested in that one.  The line drawings are odd, I think some of the lines are seams/darts, but some are just drape lines...

sewingj

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 12:29:41 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper   that one does look interesting - but buttons where you sit! Not very comfy

Manuela

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 14:57:16 PM »
I am currently very peeved with Vogue/McCall’s. The patterns I ordered in the sale 5 weeks ago have still not arrived, and the customer service is not exactly forthcoming with help. They shipped them a week after I bought them to start with.... I can only assume they expect the envelope to grow legs and to walk from the US to Hong Kong.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 16:05:20 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper   that one does look interesting - but buttons where you sit! Not very comfy
Ah yes, I hadn't noticed!  Although with the amount of padding on my bum, I may not notice them  :o 0_0

Tamnymore

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 17:14:59 PM »
It usually takes a minimum of 10 days (but sometimes 3 or more weeks and yes they do often take a week or more to post them @Manuela) for Vogue patterns to get from the USA to the UK.

I like the vintage coat pattern too - really nice. I quite like the Clare Schaeffer blouse and the Guy Laroche suit. The Marcy Tilton top looks interesting but might be 'over-engineered' as you would say, Manuela! If I do get any of these I'll wait for a sale on the US website. The pound has been dropping against the dollar and may well drop further at the end of the month (for some reason - ahem!) so need to watch out for that.

These patterns take a while to be listed by UK retailers. For instance the Vogue 'Fall' collection is on the Sewdirect website (and in the sale) and has been there a while but I can't see them on other UK websites (and haven't seen them in shops).

Apart from the actual designer patterns Vogue do knock off various designers ad clever folks spot this. For instance, Vogue 1649 is a coat patterns from the fall collection which is almost identical to an Alexander McQueen pattern and there's a 'Balenciaga' skirt hidden in the fall collection too. See details here: https://blog.pattern-vault.com

« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 18:17:12 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

jintie

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 17:31:09 PM »
 I like the look of a lot of these patterns, but I don't have that exciting lifestyle.
Rottweiler with scissors

sewmuchmore

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 17:35:14 PM »
I love the coat, too, though I don't have the shape for it any longer.  That applies to the long, flowing wide evening trousers and the special occasion dress which would make an elegant winter wedding dress, maybe edged with fur?
Back in the real world, I would wear this dress in the longer knee-length version.
@SkoutSews I like the dress 1651 as well, although I have a New Look pattern that is very similar, more straight rather than swing, so will make a copy of that and slash and spread to get the swing and pleat.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Sewingsue

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2019, 21:33:03 PM »
I like the look of a lot of these patterns, but I don't have that exciting lifestyle.
I get drawn to jackets, fitted, semi-fitted, occasionally asymmetric.
Never attempted to make one and wouldn't have anywhere to wear it.
 Doesn't stop me fantasising.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Manuela

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2019, 23:22:34 PM »
@Tamnymore, it’s been 5 weeks since I ordered..... Anyway, I filed a claim with Paypal yesterday, and surprise surprise I got an email from McCall’s regarding my order.