The Sewing Place

Is Elvis Haunted >>> SOS HELP

Iminei

Is Elvis Haunted >>> SOS HELP
« on: October 03, 2019, 14:10:37 PM »
I dont know what Iv'e done wrong .. if anything but,
I have just wound a bobbin on Elvis, so far so good but now ... I cant take the bobbin off !!!

NOW ... as I have had to use bobbins that were almost out, on the 3rd bobbin change I cant install the hoop

WHAT is going on ... and I really need a speedy repy as im 2/3rd through a stitch out.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

jintie

Re: Is Elvis Haunted >>> SOS HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 14:23:25 PM »
Don't know if this helps, but I usually cut my way out.
Rottweiler with scissors

Celia

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 15:54:35 PM »
@Iminei  here is some info to https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=hf_ns20eas&faqid=faqh00100033_000   It does seem to be a known problem on brother machines
Let me know if this doesn’t help.

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 17:04:25 PM »
I cant see any thread under the bobbin ...

as to my other issue that has been resolved ... When you remove and reinstall the hoop do you have to move the embroidery carriage every time ie ...

check stitch count, cancel design, move carriage .. remove hoop, install new bobbin, replace hoop ... key in design, revert to thread count - 10 or can you just remove the hoop in situ as it were ...

I had the devil of a job replacing the hoop 4 times, one time no problem

The fully wound bobbin is still on the machine ... I got the Splurgess out and wound all the bobbins I had with Bobbin thread .. so 4 fully wound bobbins .. So I could complete the stitch outs ... but I don't not know how to get the bobbin off the bobbin winder short of taking all the thread off and then ... !?!?

This is what I have been stitching ....

linky

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 17:34:45 PM »
That's gorgeous!

Do you have to cancel the design before you remove the hoop?  With my Husqvarna I remove the hoop when I need to change the bobbin, but then just put it back and carry on from where I had stopped. 

(It is supposed to have a bobbin-changing position, but it doesn't work, and the dealer told me that it never does.)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lilian

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 17:40:13 PM »
That's beautiful @Iminei  :) sorry can't help with Elvis  :\
Willing but not always able :)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 18:00:44 PM »
You should just be able to remove your hoop, change bobbin, replace hoop and carry on, so I'm not sure that helps you!

Your bobbin that's stuck, did you wind it until it was full and sort of "pinged" back away from the guide/thingy?  If you stopped too soon, maybe it needs pushing away from the guide before you can lift it off?

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 18:01:45 PM »
I have to cancel the design to get it back to its default position ... where you would normally attach the hoop before beginning embroidery ...

I did remove the hoop mid design and one time it went back on fine but the other 3 times I just couldnt reattach the hoop ... I wondered whether it wont allow you to attach the hoop in any other position but the start??? (Tho' I did ... Once!)

I just feel like a complete failure .. how basic is it to attach the hoop ??

Also I loathe hooping up, its a real struggle sometimes ... Oh for magnetic hoops! (Does Elvis have them ??? Apparently he has the same fixings as the new 800E ?)

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 18:03:06 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper  ... no the bobbin thingmy is back in its original position.   -< :(

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 18:21:06 PM »
Has any thread got wound round the post underneath the bobbin?

As for your hoopy problem, I can't think of anything.  Is there a facebook group for your particular machine?  Maybe someone on Brother Machine Embroidery Chat Group could help?

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 20:40:36 PM »
Silly question.....is the bobbin one that came with the machine?   In other words, it's a Brother bobbin?   
As regards the hoop, I’m sure you should be able to remove it to replace the bobbin and then snap the hoop back on. 

@Acorn I have two Husqvarna embroidery machines and the bobbin change position  works fine on both of them.  I’ve never heard of it not working in all the years I worked with them.  Sounds like the dealer might not have understood it! 

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 20:54:12 PM »
@Ohsewsimple - with the larger hoops (170x100E and 150x240) the bobbin position doesn't move them far enough away from the bobbin cover. 

I emailed the dealer soon after I got the machine and she immediately said, "Unfortunately with the bigger hoops it doesn’t seem to clear the bobbin case, I always take my hoop off if I can't reach the bobbin and then just return to current stitch position".
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 07:18:11 AM »
@Iminei your pictures make me need want an embroidery machine but your words...not so much.  :S
Bog on till your nose bleeds!
Good luck.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 09:04:23 AM »
Yes, I have 4 bobbins that came with the machine (secondhand ) to me ... They are kept quite separate from The Splurgesses bits and bobs.

I have two hoops 7 x 5 and 4 x 4 ... but long for a bigger one (multi position ???) Im still very confused about all of this.

:(

Celia

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2019, 09:11:48 AM »
Have you had any luck in removing the bobbin?  If not I would suggest you remove the thread anyway, as shown in the webpage I posted it really cannot hurt,  I think it is worth trying.  Just wish I lived a bit nearer