The Sewing Place

Is Elvis Haunted >>> SOS HELP

Iminei

Re: Is Elvis Haunted >>> SOS HELP
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 09:35:57 AM »
Not yet. I put him back in his bodybag with the bobbin attached yesterday ... (hoping the bobbin fairies might sort it out in the night) Its like  its been superglued onto the thing! :
(
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 12:49:04 PM »
Resolved!

I unwound the bobbin manually (that's half an hour of my life I will never get back) and just coming to the end the threads bobbin could be taken off.

I then rewound the bobbin and it stopped at the full position with lots of thread still on the other bobbin ???

So maybe, when I first wound this yesterday, it had wound itself so tightly on the bobbin it compressed the inner spool and couldn't be released ????

Phew ... All good!

Anyhoo back to tips and tricks for attaching the frame ??????

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 15:30:27 PM »
@Acorn well you got me thinking re the bobbin position.  0_0.  Anyway, had a look at the machine.  Yes the bobbin cover isn’t completely uncovered but that’s obviously because the arm isn’t long enough.  But it is possible to get at it even with the 360 long hoop.  But whatever works for each of us.

Acorn

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2019, 15:42:16 PM »
It's absolutely not possible to get at mine with the largest hoop (150x240) in place - it's not a matter of preference, but of necessity. 

It is possible with the 100x100, in what sounds like the way you describe - the bobbin cover isn't uncovered, but can be removed and a bobbin slipped in, with care.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2019, 15:44:08 PM »
@Iminei it’s possible you got the thread wound round something so it had extra tension on it.  That way it would be able to wind  more thread onto the bobbin but it would be very tight causing the bobbin to tighten on the winder.
With cheap so called 'universal' bobbins the problem of tightening on the winder often happens.  That’s why I wondered what they were.   All good though. 

The frame is a pop on one isn’t it rather than a slide on! 
When putting it on you need to place the front bracket of the frame on first (nearest to you)    Then the back is clipped on.  Most people try and do it at the same time.   :o Have a look at this.

https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=ae&lang=en&prod=hf_inov750eeas&faqid=faqh00000005_000

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 15:48:26 PM »
@Acorn.  Ahhhh jeez if I had a brain I’d be dangerous!   :).  It obviously depends on the size of the arm.  I’ve got a Designer SE and a Diamond Royale so both large arms.  In fact the Diamond is a bit of a squeeze on my worktop.  Have to check behind when I’m embroidering that it doesn’t hit the wall!   :o

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2019, 08:26:10 AM »
Thank you both Ladies ....

Still dont know whether if I fork out on the multi (ie 2) position hoop if I could stitch bigger designs tho'
Would they have to be bought as split designs ??? Or would I have to split them myself ???

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2019, 09:40:07 AM »
You've now got me wondering if my machine has a setting for moving the hoop to change the bobbin...

Sorry Iminei, I don't know anything about split designs, but hopefully one of the others does?

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2019, 09:59:16 AM »
@Bodgeitandscarper I’m not sure if it’s something unique to Husqvarna.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2019, 10:02:10 AM »
@Iminei I’ve been looking at all sorts of designs and old stuff I had saved from when I had a Brother and used the multi position hoop.  If you want to send me your email address maybe I can put something together to see if I can make it clearer.   

Catllar

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2019, 17:07:33 PM »
This sounds like a whole new world of strangeness - got a nice line drawing of a no entry sign and somehow I feel sure that's not what you are stitching, Imi.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 20:21:28 PM »
So sorry @Catllar  .. I have no idea why my pics are so flighty ...

heres a linky

Catllar

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2019, 23:12:57 PM »
Thank you. Those are veh pwiddy!!!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Nuttywife59

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2019, 20:03:11 PM »
With regards to putting the hoop back on your machine after changing the bobbin they can be a right pain to clip back in, I use to cus my old machine a lot I had the 1250 which is the sewing and embroidery version of yours. in the end I bought a generic 5 x 7 hoop from GUR Sewing which was a lot easier. Its just a matter of keeping on trying it will get easier the more times you do it.

Lachica

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2019, 20:50:23 PM »
Lovely design @Iminei. My Pfaff has a bobbin change position but the large hoop doesn't quite clear it, I have to carefully lift the hoop & fiddle the bobbin in. It's taught me to always start with a full bobbin when stitching a big design.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.