The Sewing Place

Waistcoat

Silver Rose

Waistcoat
« on: October 08, 2019, 14:38:57 PM »
After I had sorted out my fabric boxes I found I have enough of the blue wool mix fabric left over from the trousers to make 2/3 of a waistcoat, the 2 fronts and 2 side backs, the centre back I have cut from the leftover houndstooth check tweed from the last pair of trousers I made. After a further rummage I found I haven't enough of any type of lining so next time I go to town I'll buy a metre or so to finish it. I am using this really easy pattern View C.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Still learning

sewingj

Re: Waistcoat
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 15:03:00 PM »
Oh go on @Silver Rose - make view E!

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 15:14:59 PM »
I have loads of lining fabric, leftover from the days when I made waistcoats for a sort of living ... If you want some Hon, let me know ...

What colour did you have in mind?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 15:27:45 PM »
Oo heck @sewingj ,I'll look like a yeti in that, thanks @Iminei , that's very kind of you but I've just found in (yet) another box some pale grey/lilac silky stuff which was a dressing gown once so I'll use that I think.

Still learning

BrendaP

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 20:51:22 PM »
Those two fabrics go very well together = and will co-ordinate perfectly with two pairs of trousers. :trousers: :trousers:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 18:02:34 PM »
I love the yeti! Looks a bit Sonny and Cher ( for those of us old enough to remember!)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 08:55:36 AM »
I had enough of the grey/lilac dressing gown fabric to cut out the lining and sew it up, next job is to combine the two.
No sewing today,I'm orf to the garden centre to get more plants and compost.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 12:46:16 PM »
It is all sewn up apart from the side seams and finishing the inside, it needs a damn good pressing, not today though.
Still learning