The Sewing Place

Saturday 12th

BrendaP

Re: Saturday 12th
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 09:56:58 AM »
Wet and windy here.  It's Terry's bird counting weekend so plenty of time to myself though I've got some paperwork to catch up with first.

@Iminei that's a lovely bag (birthday pressie to yourself?).  The next challenge is to reproduce it - a nice bagathon project.

Stay safe @Manuela
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Ploshkin

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 10:21:27 AM »
Back in the misty, murky & damp Principality after 3 good days away.  We visited 4 most interesting and enjoyable places - The American Museum just outside Bath, The Roman Baths, the Haynes Motor Museum near Yeovil and on the way home we went via Bristol and called in on the SS Great Britain.  Each one was well worth the entrance fee but I think Great Britain came out on top.  I had been wanting to visit for a long time and it didn't disappoint.
While we were away we were finally granted planning permission to build a top deck on our bungalow so hopefully, by this time next year, I will be roller skating round my new sewing room  :)  I need to do some serious clearing up today both in the house and the polytunnel.  No sewing on the go just now as I finished my trousers before we went away. 
Have a good day everyone.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 10:25:53 AM »
Damp and dismal here so we are going to Blickling Hall NT to look round the house.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

sewingj

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 11:32:59 AM »
@Ploshkin  last week there was a good series on channel 5 "building Britain's canals". One episode was about the Kennet and Avon especially around Bath

Sara-S

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 11:44:23 AM »
@Iminei Happy Birthday! :cake:

I didn't get much sleep last night. The eyepatch is annoying and I am not supposed to sleep on my left wside for a few nights. As that is the side I prefer, I just couldn't get comfortable.  The good news is that my vision, while still a tad blurry, is improving steadily.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

twopence

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 21:12:21 PM »
The weather here has been miserable all day. I have been very lazy while resting my foot to ease the plantar fasciitis that has been troubling me for a couple of weeks and was very irritated having walked round the Knitting and Stitching Show yesterday.  I spent this afternoon wrapped in a quilt reading a book as I was feeling chilly.  I must try and do something tomorrow.  OH is at La Rochelle having travelled a long way from near the Pyrenees today.

Catllar

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 23:40:56 PM »
Glad to hear you are seeing things more clearly now Sara.

I've had a great day - laundry done, bathrooms clean, garage clean, rubbish removed and then this afternoon three wonderful hours of flamenco. First time I've used my castanets since August, so that was fun.  The only downside to this is the teacher Mireia, speaks no French, only Spanish so I'm a  bit on the back foot as my Spanish is limited.

This evening we watched all 3 episodes of The Widower, while me and my feet recover!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 23:45:59 PM by Catllar »
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

snoozi soozi

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2019, 10:47:39 AM »
The weather here has been miserable all day. I have been very lazy while resting my foot to ease the plantar fasciitis that has been troubling me for a couple of weeks and was very irritated having walked round the Knitting and Stitching Show yesterday.

@twopence You ought to try stretching to ease the dreaded PF. I too have been having pain again having got complacent with my exercises. Stretch, stretch and more stretches  ;)
👓 changing the world, one stitch at a time