The Sewing Place

Embroidered crushed velour top

sewmuchmore

Re: Embroidered crushed velour top
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2019, 18:28:12 PM »
That is lovely, now I am sure I have some crushed velvet some were, didn't think about embroidering it until now.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 16:07:42 PM »
And the blue one is finished, grey next.

Greybird

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 10:18:09 AM »
That's lovely. I like it even better then the black one.

b15erk

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 10:21:55 AM »
@Bodgeitandscarper , these are lovely tops, but I think, like @Greybird , I prefer the blue.

Times like these I think about embroidery machines... ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Catllar

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 13:12:36 PM »
Lovely top and gorgeous poodle on the settee!!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Elnnina

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 15:17:08 PM »
What lovely tops you have created Bodgeitandscarper.  Now whilst this may now be too late for you, the latest edition of Threads magazine No.205 October/November 2019 has a four page article about embroidering on velvet and this goes in choosing a suitable design, selecting a stabilizer, using a topper, using wash away, using cut-away and tear-away,  hooping the velvet, stitching the motif, and finishing the embroidery.  Ironically they could have been looking at your tops, as this top has the embroidery where you have yours, and then there is a horizontal seam  and skirt to top of legs, long sleeves.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 16:03:18 PM »
Too late!  I'd have been interested to see what they suggest.

Just finished the third one, the grey looks lighter in real life, and now it's washed the wrinkles have gone, they were because I'd only partly washed the stabiliser out, leaving stiff bits of embroidery.

Edit:  I've not quite finished it, I still haven't threaded elastic through the sleeve hems...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 16:06:23 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »