The Sewing Place

Honeycomb blanket

Pearl

Honeycomb blanket
« on: October 17, 2019, 09:34:32 AM »
After my mum made a couple of these baby blankets, I thought I'd give it a go.

b15erk

Re: Honeycomb blanket
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 09:38:21 AM »
@Pearl , that's a lovely blanket!  I would love to try something like that, but the colourwork would defeat me.  :(

Very unusual.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Pearl

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 09:42:47 AM »
I don't do colourwork either, @b15erk .  You just don't work two stitches on the coloured row, just slip them across for a few rows.  It really is easy.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 09:54:32 AM »
I've just watched the video @Pearl and it does look do-able.  Hmmm, something I may try I think... ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »
I knit a honeycomb pattern in a mohair jumper back in olden days (late teens and didn't have enough of my main colour so had to bulk it out  :S). As @Pearl says it was dead easy.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kenora

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 10:30:08 AM »
That's a beautiful blanket. I love that stitch - it's much easier to get that effect in knitting than it is in crochet (annoying for me as I don't knit any more).  :\ So pretty though.  <3
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:31:54 AM by Kenora »
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath