The Sewing Place

Catching up with you

sewmuchmore

Catching up with you
« on: October 19, 2019, 18:40:54 PM »
I have been a bit remiss lately showing you what I have made. I don't want to bore you with everything I have made over the last few months so will start with Octobers makes.
First the GBSB asymmetrical skirt, this was from a couple of series ago but I have only just got round to making it. The fabric is wool Melton from Fabworks. What a palaver, I don't give up easily but it just seemed imposable to match the yoke to the skirt and it very nearly ended up in the bin. But I did persevere and decided to drape each wave over the tailors ham to see if I could get a match. Bingo it worked. 
Second vogue 8982 Again a pattern I have had for ages, I was intending to use it to make a shirt but saw the fabric in Fabworks and at £5 a metre couldn't leave it on the shelf. It is bonded soft shell? and it some light looks red and in others looks more orange. As with all Marcie Tilton patterns it was generously cut and I know from experience I could go down a couple of sizes.. Cut a 16 to start with (should be a 20) and even then had to take in 2 inch from each side seam.
Third Not quite finished yet, i haven't got any dark purple thread to do the button holes, dam that means another trip to Fabworks :) This is Simplicity 8951 I haven't sew with jersey much and i am not a lover of Simplicity patterns but this went together ok although i think the neck band could do to be a bit shorter as it seems to be sticking out a bit, will have to remember for next time.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

jintie

Re: Catching up with you
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 19:12:58 PM »
Janet- keep posting- I love inspiration!
Rottweiler with scissors

Fabric Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 19:59:52 PM »
That’s amazing if you’ve done them all in October!
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 20:20:42 PM »
Interesting jacket from Vogue.  Glad you got the skirt sussed.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 20:25:15 PM »
@sewmuchmore  "the GBSB asymmetrical skirt"  What is it like  to wear?  I have the pattern but haven't tackled it yet.  Thanks for the tip about the ham.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

snoozi soozi

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 20:57:34 PM »
They're all lovely, you been a busy girl  :)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Nevis5

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 08:35:41 AM »
I particularly like the Vogue jacket!  Not my colour, but I like the design.  Must have a squizz at that (think the pattern sales at Jaycott etc end today....)

Vezelay

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 12:18:21 PM »
I have been a bit remiss lately showing you what I have made. I don't want to bore you with everything I have made over the last few months so will start with Octobers makes.

But we want to see them all! :) I really like your banded cardigan - that'll be lovely when finished. Can I ask what's the sizing like @sewmuchmore ?

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 18:34:46 PM »
I love them all too, please do share the backlog also.

Impressed with you tackling that GBSB skirt, I do remember the pattern from the show but have not attempted it myself.
Thanks for showing us that.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 18:44:20 PM »
@toileandtrouble really comfy to wear and true to size, the pleats fall from the waves which is important to get all the (17) notches matched up or it won't fall right. I did have to shorten by 2 inch but not a problem as there is no hemming to do if you choose a non fraying fabric.
@Vezelay surprisingly true to size, only other experience I had with a simplicity pattern was a blouse and it was far too big in upper chest and armholes were really tight.   
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet