The Sewing Place

McCall's sale

UttaRetch

McCall's sale
« on: October 22, 2019, 14:42:25 PM »
My local pattern shop has a 40% sale on McCall's patterns.  I don't how long it's been going on, but I bagged

to add to the pile of 'probably will never make'.  I must stop buying patterns.  -<

Gernella

Re: McCall's sale
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 16:38:08 PM »
I like the pink one without the belt, straight down draws attention away from my waist.  I've already got a McCalls one noted for a next sale.  All I need now is some cash, which should be in the bank on Friday.

We probably all have patterns we will never make @UttaRetch.  My bad habit is going on the picture and then when it comes starting to pick out the drawback in relation to my body.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 17:36:32 PM »

If I ever get around to making this, there are modifications I want to make such as fusing the yoke with the bodice piece and eliminating the gathers.  If I am honest, it's more work than I want to do but I have seen a couple of designer garments for which this pattern might work and could form the basis of a future 'knock off' contest.

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 22:08:58 PM »
The McCalls sale is on until 17th November.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde