The Sewing Place

Bernina 1015

Gernella

Bernina 1015
« on: October 24, 2019, 10:33:13 AM »
If anybody is interested there is this machine on the Pembertons site for £195.  No idea what condition as no picture yet but their machines  come with a 1 year guarantee normally.

I let this machine go some years ago and have regretted it ever since.  Unfortunately I dare not bring another machine into the house.

There was a Juki Exceed F600 for sale as well at £400, which had me nibbling my fingers but something is going to have to die and need replacing before I think about that, although IDT is hard to give up, as I have found over the last few weeks.

https://www.psmc.co.uk/acatalog/Reconditioned_Machines.html
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Celia

Re: Bernina 1015
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:13:48 AM »
No No NO I keep telling myself no more machines in fact I should be getting rid of them this is a machine I have always fancied.  It will be a good buy for someone.  I will resist :devil:

jintie

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 11:46:51 AM »
Mine is called Bernina 1015 Sport, and that is a fantastic bargain.
Rottweiler with scissors

Lizzy777

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 12:33:54 PM »

There was a Juki Exceed F600 for sale as well at £400, which had me nibbling my fingers but something is going to have to die and need replacing before I think about that, although IDT is hard to give up, as I have found over the last few weeks.

The Juki F600 is excellent value then if it is in a great condition. This is a link to the three models in that version of Exceed (dated 2015) but gives some info on the machines.
https://www.sewinginsight.com/juki/juki-hzl-exceed-series-review/

coffeeandcake

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 16:53:01 PM »
I do wish I hadn't clicked on that link! My only consolation is that like @Gernella I like my IDT :angel:

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 12:17:20 PM »
That Juki looks like a nice clean machine. What would the normal price be around?
I know it’s a Japanese brand but I don’t really know anything about them. Are they reliable?
I thought Juki made Industrial sewing machines so I’m not really very familiar with them.

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 12:40:17 PM »
I think the biggest enabler of all is the internet.  Without it I doubt we would really buy anything until you absolutely needed it.  I think of all my buys, probably most were bought when up the week before I had absolutely no interest.  I see  something that catches my eye, the idea ferments for a bit  and the next thing I am on the 'due diligence' search and in line to buy. Although I have never bought anything and then when it has arrived changed my mind.  There again, I have scurried round, wasted time, then decided no.

I have quite fancied a Juki if the big Pfaff dies, but I suspect the IDT will win out.  While I've been sewing downstairs I have experienced the limitations of the little Activa 215.  Not enough needle positions, not enough width and with the walking foot too bulky.  However, the concealed zip foot is ace, right place every time. 
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 12:49:45 PM »
That Juki looks like a nice clean machine. What would the normal price be around?
I know it’s a Japanese brand but I don’t really know anything about them. Are they reliable?
I thought Juki made Industrial sewing machines so I’m not really very familiar with them.

From what I've heard @WildAtlanticWay, they are very reliable and have some kind of box system under the foot with the feed dogs.  My Bernina overlocker was made by them and I suspect if it suits Bernina to badge them they must be good.  My niece is a professional seamstress and she has a Juki industrial.  I tried it, expecting it to run away with me and it was perfect.   She got it when she left university and she's in her 30's now and still got it.

The last time I saw the Juki for sale second hand was on the Frank Nutt site and it was around £500/600 from memory. I suppose it's a case of new models out, out with the old. 

New on Ebay is £600 for the F300.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 12:52:38 PM by Gernella »

Kenora

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 14:03:45 PM »
The Juki's have a very good reputation, so I understand, but when I was buying a new machine I tried one out and found it rather "plastic-y". So - not for me - but horses for courses I suppose. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Lizzy777

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 18:13:36 PM »
The Juki's have a very good reputation, so I understand, but when I was buying a new machine I tried one out and found it rather "plastic-y". So - not for me - but horses for courses I suppose. :)

I expect it would depend on which model you tried. I have a Juki Exceed model and they are first class.  Well built, solid machine. :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 18:15:39 PM by Lizzy777 »

Lizzy777

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 18:27:41 PM »

I think they sold for around the £995 mark. Extremely reliable and very well built and good to sew with. Janome is a Japanese Company too. Juki do make Industrial machines too.

Have a look on here

https://www.jukihome.com/products/exceed-f600-quilt-pro-special.html
(scroll down the above link and it gives you features, accessories and specification information).

https://www.jukihome.com/media/catalog/product/j/u/juki_f-series_brochure_web.pdf
https://www.jukihome.com/media/catalog/product/h/z/hzl-f_instruction_manual_web.pdf

There's loads of videos on you tube too about this machine.

About Juki
"JUKI ranks as the no.1 sewing machine manufacturer in the world."
Source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juki

Sewbee

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2019, 13:25:36 PM »
If anybody is interested there is this machine on the Pembertons site for £195.  No idea what condition as no picture yet but their machines  come with a 1 year guarantee normally.

I let this machine go some years ago and have regretted it ever since.  Unfortunately I dare not bring another machine into the house.

I think this must have got sold. I can’t find it at the link. Would make a lovely machine for someone.

ETA it is there. There is just no picture.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 13:27:24 PM by Sewbee »

Kenora

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2019, 21:47:23 PM »
@Lizzy777 - I tried the Juki DX2000QVP. -<
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Sewcycle

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2019, 13:19:48 PM »
I just had a look - way too late of course and noticed they have a Husqvarna 2D reader / writer and an embroidery cards for the Quilt Designer machine - about £100-150 . I’ve no idea if that is good but thought someone might be interested.
'Is there a life before breakfast'

Lizzy777

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 13:15:02 PM »
@Lizzy777 - I tried the Juki DX2000QVP. -<

hi Kenora,  sorry I didn't reply earlier. I don't know the machine you quoted and am not an expert on all the juki machines, I just know that mine is solid, very heavy and I don't find it too 'plasticky' at all, compared some other machines I do have (Janome & Brother). I looked up the model you mentioned and it is quite expensive too. The basic body looks quite
similar to the other juki machines as well (looking at online pics only though).

http://jukiuk.com/shop/juki-household-sewing-machines/electronic-sewing-machines/juki-dx-2000-qvp-limited-edition/

Which sewing machine do you prefer/use?  Two other members now have a juki too so I wonder what they make of the appearance of their juke machines now?

I like janome and have always sung their praises. Great machines too (another Japanese brand). I bought  a Brother two years ago to help out with some tuition I was giving to some people I know. Nice machine but quite light compared to the machines I would normally use myself. But very easy to move around. My juki is heavy.

The Brother machine sews nice stitches too and is good to use at all but a different price point.

lizzy