The Sewing Place

Sewing machines direct SMD

maliw

Sewing machines direct SMD
« on: October 28, 2019, 16:20:32 PM »
What fantastic service, one of my machines decided that it would protest yesterday so I had to stop using it. I phoned SMD at 9.45am today - 'if you can bring it down let us know when and we will see if we can fix it for you'.
OH said that we could go down so phoned them back - ' fine see you soon' Took machine in, it needed something replacing - 'can you go for a coffee and when the engineer gets a break in what he's doing he will have a look?' Went back an hour later - all done. Brilliant service, would recommend them any day.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Iminei

Re: Sewing machines direct SMD
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 16:57:56 PM »
They're good on the phone too! especially with a ditherer ...  0_0
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

maliw

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 17:00:26 PM »
Another visit today to take a friend whose husband was buying his wife a machine for Christmas. Fantastic service with great advice and one very happy friend by the end of the morning.

Giotto

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 11:20:58 AM »
I'm only noticing this thread now and feel I must add my tuppence worth!  I bought my new Pfaff from SMD in early 2019. I live in Northern Ireland where Sewing Machine shops are thin on the ground so after some research I took the risk of ordering, sight unseen, and sewed happily until late November when the buttonhole foot started playing up.  I phoned SMD and they sent me a new buttonhole foot to try in case that would solve the issue.  It didn't.  After a couple of phone calls and them trying to help me, long-distance, they said they'd need to see the machine.  So, they asked me to pack it up (I had kept all the original packaging in the attic) and they organised a courier to pick it up.  After it arrived with them I had several further conversations with the engineer, over a couple of days, while he tried to work out what the problem was.  Once they had the issue resolved they contacted me to tell me that they were returning my machine and a couple of days later the DPD delivery van arrived with it.  I didn't have to pay for this service.  They organised everything with the couriers and I feel confident in recommending them to others - particularly to those who, like me, can't actually get to their shop in person.

maliw

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 12:22:10 PM »
SMD does it again. A good friend has been having trouble with rethreading her overlocker but due to the current situation and family being tested I haven't been able to help. I suggested a YouTube video but that didn't help so I suggested she phone SMD.
I don't know who she spoke to but they were fantastic, putting her at ease as she felt a fool at not being able to get things right. However she was talked through the process and can now do it.
She didn't buy her machine from them but they told her it didn't make any difference. They told her that they were amazed at the number of people who have had the same problem with that particular machine so she didn't feel too bad.
Well done SMD.