The Sewing Place

Knitting and Stitching Show, Harrogate - 28th Nov to 1st Dec

Kittensposies

Knitting and Stitching Show, Harrogate - 28th Nov to 1st Dec
« on: October 31, 2019, 14:46:02 PM »
Is anyone going?

Has anyone been before?

I really want to go but not sure whether to book any workshops or just treat it as a shopping day!

Sewingsue

Re: Knitting and Stitching Show, Harrogate - 28th Nov to 1st Dec
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 16:34:46 PM »
I have been twice. Quite a way from me so I stayed over and made a mini holiday of it (just wish it wasn't at the end of November - weather unpredictable)

You could easily spend the whole day going round the stands - actually you could spend two days.
I suppose it depends if you see a class you really want to take.

Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Kittensposies

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 16:41:53 PM »
Thanks! I’m about 40 min away, so it’s easy enough to get to. The workshops I’ve seen that I would like to do are mostly booked up. So I may spend the money on a VIP ticket to use the cloakroom and VIP seating area instead  :D

Helen M

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 17:26:32 PM »
I've been twice before as well, not done any classes though. The VIP ticket sounds a good idea because you can walk miles and there is never enough seating.

Not sure if I'll be going this year though. Which day are you going? I've been on the Thursday and on a Friday in the past.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Kittensposies

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 17:28:37 PM »
That’s really good to know about seating! VIP it is. I’ll probably go on the Friday if I can get my husband to look after the baby. If not I’ll have to take a day off work and go on Thursday, but I’m desperately short of annual leave so hoping husband can step up!

coffeeandcake

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 18:38:35 PM »
I went two years ago and bought VIP tickets which were definitely worth getting. I received a catalogue of the events about a week before  which included some discount vouchers to use and I also received a couple of freebies when I went into the VIP seating area.  I didn't do any of the workshops but there was so much to see that I was never at a loss. 

sewmuchmore

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 18:52:03 PM »
I have been going every year for donkeys and done various workshops. I do notice this year though they haven't got any of the afternoon ticket (cheaper entry after 3pm) when it is less busy and you can actually get round the stalls.
Not sure I will make it this year the way things are at the moment so watch this space I may have 2 tickets to sell.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

SkoutSews

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 11:24:05 AM »
I went last year and loved it! It was a grand day out. There's so much to see. You'll be on your feet a lot, choose shoes carefully. Study the layout of the stalls and work out how best to get round the ones you want to see. It was wonderful to be able to enjoy so many sewing-related displays all in the one location.

All the workshops were booked up early last year, so I booked into a seminar instead. It was interesting, but I probably wouldn't do it again. It was well worth it for a sit down though! I'm hoping to go again this year and will look into the VIP options, just for the seating.

FrancesL

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 07:22:35 AM »

I'm going on the Saturday with my sister & DD. It's about an hour & quarter from home for me so not too far.

Lots to see (& buy
Frances

Kittensposies

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 07:26:01 AM »
I’ve booked!! Going on Friday, and treated myself to 2 workshops. Hopefully that will keep me from buying too much while I’m there  :devil:

SkoutSews

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 15:47:27 PM »
I've booked for Thursday. I had a workshop (couture techniques, who am I trying to kid) added to my basket and then went to book trains (didn't want to buy the show tickets only to find that train tickets were too expensive). When I went back, despite the site telling me that I was within the time limit, the last workshop place had gone  >:). I've put my name on the waiting list.
Looking forward to my big day out  :)

sewmuchmore

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2019, 18:17:27 PM »
I. I've put my name on the waiting list.
Looking forward to my big day out  :)
@SkoutSews  If you don't get a place before check on the day at the show. They get cancellations and/or no shows and put a list up of available places.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

SkoutSews

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2019, 19:24:01 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Tamnymore

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2019, 19:59:07 PM »
Hoping to go on the Thursday but I won't book any workshops this time. I've been a few times in the past and always enjoyed it. If you are coming by train you can have a quick look at the Harrogate shops on the way in and you can come and go into the hall anyway if you want to nip for some refreshments away from action.  Remember there's the Remnant House in the centre of Harrogate. One year we had tea at Bettys after - that was good. Definitely a nice day out.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

SkoutSews

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2019, 09:20:39 AM »
I'm looking forward to the KASS tomorrow at Harrogate!  @Tamnymore and anyone else who is planning to go tomorrow, do you fancy meeting up for a coffee at some point?  PM me if you'd like to arrange something.