The Sewing Place

Knitting and Stitching Show, Harrogate - 28th Nov to 1st Dec

Tamnymore

Re: Knitting and Stitching Show, Harrogate - 28th Nov to 1st Dec
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2019, 12:27:42 PM »
Not quite sure how the day will pan out @SkoutSews as I've arranged to meet a number of people at various points and I think we are heading into town at lunchtime and leaving quite early so hope you and other TSPers don't mind if we don't make an exact arrangement to meet up this time. It does get a bit crowded in the hall both stalls and catering. I will wear my TSP badge though and will look out for other TSP badges.

For those of you within hailing distance of West Yorkshire we ought to have a meet up at Fabworks in Dewsbury sometime.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

SkoutSews

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2019, 15:31:47 PM »
Sounds complicated, Tamny! Yes, I remember the crush at times last year. Have a good day and I'll look out for TSP badges.

Kittensposies

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2019, 21:36:24 PM »
How did you guys get on? I went today and it was the most colossal disaster

Kittensposies

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2019, 21:39:50 PM »
Oops. Maybe should have posted that in the rant thread  :S

On the plus side the show looked absolutely fabulous, from the tiny fraction that I actually got to see! I met a lady who comes for a mini break and attends for all 4 days. I can absolutely see why! Maybe when I grow up

Sewingsue

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2019, 22:24:54 PM »
Oh @Kittensposies - rant fully justified.
Now as a singleton I hesitate to chuck in my tuppence worth - but -

Why did he start to make bread when he knew you were expecting to leave at 11?

I assume you were able to cure the baby's cold when you came home.

And why had he only made enough food for one when he knew you were on your way home?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Greybird

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2019, 22:38:17 PM »
@Kittensposies I think this is where his training sessions begin. I think you will be in credit for some time after that list of failures.

SkoutSews

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2019, 23:00:38 PM »
What a catalogue of disasters, @Kittensposies . I'm sorry that your day out didn't work out well. Yes, give it a try another year, better luck next time.

I had a lovely time yesterday and came home with some nice fabrics, then woke up this morning with a not-very-nice-at-all cold. So I've had a lazy day dosing up on paracetamol and drinking hot drinks. At least I had good memories of the day - fabulous quilts, embroidery and textile art. I'm in awe of the talent behind it all.

Celia

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2019, 23:39:18 PM »
I really feel for you @Kittensposies I hope you can still get your Juki

wrenkins

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2019, 07:49:42 AM »
I think I'd have been doing a bit more than sighing!  :angry:
Next time take your wallet and 'forget' your phone!!!!!
I'll stop now.  ><
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kittensposies

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2019, 08:11:09 AM »
Thanks for the virtual support everyone!! I am feeling a lot less sour this morning as husband went out last night after the baby was in bed and bought me a stack of all my favourite junk food plus some flowers. He was very apologetic.

He just doesn’t think of stuff like that... he’s a high flying academic, who has very little appreciation for logistics and planning. Words were had, don’t worry, and his “dealing with stuff on his own” training is definitely commencing!!

Marniesews

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2019, 04:24:04 AM »
We (DH & I) went on the Thursday. I was disappointed they didn't do a late night as we like to take our time but we got most of what I wanted to do in the time although I had to abandon DH in a food area for a while as his plantar fasciitis was giving him some jip by the afternoon.

I was rather upset by the food concession that did 6 types of coffee, two chocolate types, several flavour shots but only 1 type of tea! That's my biggest grumble of the day whereas DH complained  about being roughly barged into by quite a few women that day, not something he's ever mentioned at any of the previous K&S shows he attended with me even Ally Pally at its busiest. I didn't buy as much as at other shows but am very happy with it all (a couple of fabrics, some small storage boxes and quite a few beads) - absolutely no buyers remorse this time either. I even had some money left over to spend at the York Christmas Market the following day!  :D
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.