The Sewing Place

Hello from Brittany

Kenora

Re: Hello from Brittany
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 21:20:24 PM »
A warm welcome from me too @Carillion . Looking forward to seeing what you make.  :D
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

hernibs

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 22:15:36 PM »
I brought a big stash with me which I've collected over the years and buy from the Emmaus shop where Angel Strawbridges goes...haven't seen her yet  :) :)

....and do you know Carillion that Dick Strawbridge is a friend of Wrenkins?

I have forgotten to record this new series, must do that tomorrow.

Carillion

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2019, 09:33:39 AM »
Morning hernibs, I didn't know that wrenkin knows Dick Strawbridge.
I  love the chateau programmes. I watch all of the repeats also. Love the family, esp the little ones. I admire what they achieve and their amazing energy and talents.
Can't wait for the Christmas special.

I'm off to Emmaus next week to hopefully find 'stuff' for a try-out quilt...going to make the accent quilt squares out of French linen handkerchiefs and small napkins, have been collecting them for a few months but need about another half dozen.  :)

wrenkins

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2019, 11:12:22 AM »
I haven't seen Richard for ages but we do drop emails occasionally. I haven't watched him in the Chateau programme but he certainly hasn't changed much in character since we were teens. (He has maybe put on a pound or two here and there!) :cake:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sheilago

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 13:22:10 PM »
Welcome @Carillion . I spent several holidays in Brittany with my children when they were younger. I loved it,despite the very long drive to get there:what a great place to live! I’m also just home from a lovely weekend in the borders ( near Hawick).
You’ll find lots of friendly fellow fabric addicts here. :D

Helen M

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 17:03:08 PM »
A belated welcome from me @Carillion ! I've not been as far as Brittany whenever we've been to France.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Fabric Lover

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 06:37:34 AM »
A belated welcome from me too! Brittany is lovely. We travel to the Limousin a lot but went to Brittany when the children were young.
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Catllar

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2019, 09:26:02 AM »
@Carillion, Hello and welcome. Sorry for being so rude and not welcoming another frenchy toot sweet!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

pip

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2019, 02:28:14 AM »
Welcome fro me too, Carillion. I'm new too. It's a very friendly place here :D