The Sewing Place

"New" posts

bevaau

"New" posts
« on: November 03, 2019, 04:58:59 AM »
Can somebody please tell me how the "new" flags are added? I have been looking at the topics with a "new" flag beside it, thinking they were the ones that have had posts added since I last looked. But today I discovered some recent posts, that I had not read, without the "new" flag! Now I have to go back and read everything!! I would love an explanation of what "new" actually means. Thanks,
bevaau

Lachica

Re: "New" posts
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 07:49:01 AM »
@bevaau if you click on 'unread posts' in the menu then you'll only see threads which have new content since the last time you logged in.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 13:02:36 PM »
But today I discovered some recent posts, that I had not read, without the "new" flag!

That's odd, as that's exactly what it's supposed to do. Is there a possibility you opened the thread but didn't read it? As it should show the new tag.

It does, however, time out after a while.

bevaau

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 04:20:23 AM »
Would it be because I have 'remember me' ticked and so I do not log out after each visit??

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 09:17:11 AM »
I never log out and have simply bookmarked unread topics. That way I miss nothing and chat all over the place.

I find it really odd that people talk about over here and over there and wrong board as to me it's just all one big sewing forum.

It's the only forum (anything) that I'm on so I was having a real job wading through the various boards and if I couldn't remember the title or the username that was it...it was lost forever.

Pigeon holing obviously doesn't agree with me.  0_0

Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 10:57:42 AM »
@wrenkins  how do you bookmark a topic please? I’m always losing my place and can’t remember where I read a topic or post. It’s very frustrating at times.

wrenkins

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 12:49:09 PM »
@WildAtlanticWay if there's something specific that I particularly want to keep I mark it as unread but it takes a while to remember to do that.  :S

To bookmark the whole site on my bookmarks bar I hit 'unread messages' top right and then save to bookmarks making sure to select 'bar' rather than 'other'. You get a cute lil sewing machine too.  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!