The Sewing Place

5 knitted UFO hats...

b15erk

5 knitted UFO hats...
« on: November 05, 2019, 11:49:17 AM »
How did this happen?  I have no clue.  One day I just opened my knitting bag, and there they were.

I did finish one of the Foxy hats at the weekend - it only needed the buttons, but the rest need to be dealt with.

Firstly, I need to find the knitting row count for each one, so that I have an idea of where I left off.  I think I'll start with the other Foxy hat, as that is the last one I did.

Pictures as I go...  :S ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

Re: 5 knitted UFO hats...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 11:59:48 AM »
Well, I started with 5, and I'm now down to 3!

2 Foxy hats finished!  :D

Not my best work.  I should have used a smaller needle, and I should also have practised 'new to me' stitches before doing them on a proper hat.  I'll wash them, and try a bit of pulling about to get them to sit a bit better.

On to the cables now.  :S

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 12:25:27 PM »
They are very sweet Jessie.  Do you have recipients in mind?
Life's too short for ironing.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 12:34:18 PM »
Thank you @Ploshkin , yes, these two are for Lilya and Theo.  We are trying very hard to wean him off his Top hat (the Greatest Showman), but I fear it may have to be surgically removed!  :D :D

On to the cabled hats.  :S Can't even find the pattern for the grey one... :S

Jessie

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 11:33:50 AM »
I finished this one last week, and forgot to post the picture.  It actually looks OK, but feels a bit small.  I did hate knitting this though.  I don't like chunky wool, and I just didn't 'get' the repeat on the pattern.

Not one to be repeated.

On to the pink.

Jessie

Flobear

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 12:49:08 PM »
Well, you're getting through them, @b15erk !
I know what you mean about 'not getting' the pattern, happens to me sometimes. I've been using up some 'baby yarn' donated to the garden nursery to make neck-warmers and thought it would be a great opportunity to try out some fancy patterns  :S
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ann

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 15:11:20 PM »
@b15erk, great job of finishing up the UFO's. I hate finding ones I've forgotten about as I have 2 hanging around waiting to be done. I get to start on them today as I have no other projects to knit this month.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

wrenkins

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 07:29:30 AM »
@FloBear how many stitches do you cast on for your neck warmers?

I have three very outdoor boys who could benefit from a bit of cosiness. A rower (not to wear in the boat obvs  0_0), a farmer and a silly old goat!  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Flobear

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 09:28:28 AM »
@wrenkins  I used 108 sts on 4mm circular needles and Woolcraft DK baby yarn. Unfortunately DK yarns vary a lot in thickness as I found out when I knitted some handwarmers with two different types of DK. But neckwarmers don't have to be too precise!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

wrenkins

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 12:28:38 PM »
Thanks @FloBear. I'll hunt out my stuff and give it a go.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!