The Sewing Place

How many machines do you have?

Lowena

Re: How many machines do you have?
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2019, 17:32:59 PM »
They're just things @rubywishes  just things!!!
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Rhapso

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2019, 15:45:02 PM »
@Rhapso I'm interested to know what you are making with the embellisher.  I have one but not managed to make anything with it yet  :[

I've been doing C'mas decorations such as little birds and reindeer cut out from embellished shapes then edged with crystals, and a border to go onto a woven scarf I made for DM who is having memory problems but loves anything with texture. I bought a case for my machine, otherwise it could still be living in the box it came in and possibly forgotten too.

pip

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2019, 13:29:43 PM »
I have my Toyota EZ1 which has served me very well. I especially appreciate the automatic threader, and the slow speed function.
 A couple of years ago I got Brother overlocker for $15 at a market but never managed to get as far as threading it. Just a few weeks ago I took it to a lady at my nearby shops who does dressmaking for help with it. She had a look and couldn't figure out how to do it so when I saw how hard it really was, and that it wasn't just me, I decided to buy a new simpler one. She said I should sell the Brother as it was a good machine so I tried that, but no takers so that's back in the shed.

A couple of weeks ago I got a Janome 8002dx overlocker. It was already threaded, so I've had a great time with it until tonight when I got a big mess of cotton stuck in the feed. Consequently it's now unthreaded and with needle plate and foot removed, waiting for me to get it back together tomorrow.         

I wouldn't really need any more than these 2 machines.

Catllar

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2019, 15:55:23 PM »
Pip, which Brother overlocker model is it? If it's the 1034D they're not as hard as they look and very worth having.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Manuela

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2019, 23:52:31 PM »
A bit late to the party, haven’t felt too well recently. So, here is my list:

The Hong Kong residents:
Esmeralda the Pink - a basic John Lewis machine that hides a decent entry level Janome under the pink exterior

Bellatrix - a 1948 Singer 201 K, excellent for topstitching

Arabella - a 1929 Singer 66K hand crank

The residents in Thailand:
Bella - a 1955 Singer 222K (repainted pink)

Trixie - a 1954 Singer 221k black

Luella - a 1964 Singer 221K white

Isabella - a 1964 Singer 338K

I love all of them dearly, they give me joy. If and when we finally move to Thailand, I will probably part with Esmeralda the great and only take the vintage machines with me.

pip

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2019, 02:18:52 AM »
Pip, which Brother overlocker model is it? If it's the 1034D they're not as hard as they look and very worth having.

It's Homelock11 760DE
What do you think?