The Sewing Place

Croftmill trouble

snoozi soozi

Croftmill trouble
« on: November 07, 2019, 18:55:57 PM »
I ordered the fabric for my robe project - as well as some other stuff for a christmas pressie - a few days ago and consequently got a phone call the next day to tell me my robe fabric was out of stock. I requested a refund and said I'd get back to them. So I had a look around and picked an alternative and called them the next day to check they had it in stock before ordering online.

All good, ordered, and received today - 2 metres short :S  They sent me 3 metres each of my two different fabrics but for my robe I wanted 5. Anyway another telephone call and they will send out the remainder and more to cover it.

Now this wouldn't be so bad but the last order before this one was c*cked-up where they didn't send the quantity I ordered.

It's just inconvenient really, as when I call them they always send out the shortfall, and more, to rectify the problem.  Just wondered if anyone else had encountered similar troubles?
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Ploshkin

Re: Croftmill trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 23:04:20 PM »
That's odd.  Croft Mill are always my first go to place for dressmaking fabric.  I've used them many times and never had any problem.
Life's too short for ironing.

Clareew

Re: Croftmill trouble
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 12:59:39 PM »
That is unusual for Croftmill.  I hope you manage to get everything out of the two pieces.