The Sewing Place

Fabric price-Gulp- Oh my.

justpottering

Re: Fabric price-Gulp- Oh my.
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 22:28:49 PM »
Not that I would buy any fabric at that price but if I wanted it for something and did buy it I wouldn’t have a problem cutting it after all even at that price it’s still only fabric  :)
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Gernella

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 10:24:20 AM »
They do have some good remnants on sale, I've bought them and some gorgeous faux fur reduced from £129 to £27.  Unfortunately it is so gorgeous I daren't use it in case I make a complete bodge of it.  My seamstress niece is having it.  The delivery is dear at £4.99 but beautifully wrapped and next day delivery.  They do get stuff you can't find anywhere else so if it is cheaper and the right size worth a punt.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

UttaRetch

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 14:36:08 PM »
Joel's always has a crowd around it's stand at Knitting & stitching with many buyers.  I always stop by to admire and feel the fabrics.  :D

Sewbusy

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2019, 19:20:52 PM »
@Gernella  One of their furs fur is what I was looking at, I have a quantity of what they are selling and I'm thinking of selling on, can't see anyone paying anywhere near their price though. lol

Gernella

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2019, 09:50:20 AM »
I have noticed that since I bought mine in the sale @Sewbusy, that they have considerably less than they used to have.  They have changed their website as well, I like the old one better.

The fur is so good you would take it for the real thing.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included