The Sewing Place

Question regarding the last contest

Manuela

Question regarding the last contest
« on: November 09, 2019, 00:34:57 AM »
With Christmas coming up, I had. ‘What was I thinking’ moment looking at the contest schedule.
Now, here is my question: is there anyone who really wants to do the blouse/shirt contest in December, or should we take it over onto next year’s schedule and do it in February or so.

Opinions greatly appreciated.

SewRuthieSews

Re: Question regarding the last contest
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 08:45:40 AM »
No I'm probably not going to do it then, but others may be making shirts as Christmas gifts.
If it stays in December I won't participate, if it moves to Feb, I might.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 15:44:14 PM »
I won't be doing it in December, I've just been sorting my clothes out - I don't need to make anything else for a few weeks at least.

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 16:37:41 PM »
I second what @SewRuthieSews said.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

indigotiger

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 17:39:34 PM »
Having the blouse/shirt sewing in February would work with my sewing plans... I've got at least two in my queue, but also have to sort out fit on one, which means multiple toiles, so some extra time is all to the good.
Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage: Acorn Cottage Artisanry

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 19:47:19 PM »
As a viewer and not a participant I can say that December often turns into a blur. All the beautiful garments will be much nicer to enjoy early next year. Hate to see them not be seen by many of us in our rush to local activities.

They would certainly brighten up a dull and dreary February.  :flower:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Manuela

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 02:36:08 AM »
Good, we’ll do the  :shirt: contest in February.   :)