The Sewing Place

La Maison Victor

SewRuthieSews

La Maison Victor
« on: November 09, 2019, 18:56:16 PM »
I've picked up a few La Maison Victor magazines as it is stocked in Tesco, next to Burda.
I've not actually made anything from it yet though I am planning to.

Has anyone tried them? How did you find the sizing?

Nevis5

Re: La Maison Victor
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 09:02:02 AM »
I haven't been able to find any recent copies of La Maison Victor anywhere, @SewRuthieSews  but I did make a really nice top from what I think was the second issue they produced here.  It was a winter issue anyway, and the top was a simple long sleeved sweater type with really long ribbed cuffs which I liked.  I made it from burgundy stretch velvet with matching ribbing for Christmas last year (was too hot so didn't actually wear it in the end).   

From what I remember, the sizing is similar to Burda's (if you've ever used one of their patterns).  I always have to add bust darts and length to any pattern but don't remember any other alterations. 

Ellabella

Re: La Maison Victor
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 10:27:26 AM »
I’ve only made a child’s pattern, so can’t comment on sizing.

The trousers I made for my DGS looked lovely. The instructions were comprehensive and the trousers had lots of nice details. The only downside was that one pattern piece was incorrect and I had done most of the construction before it became apparent. So he got a pair of shorts and I’ve never tried MV since.