The Sewing Place

Collar Pattern?

Acorn

Collar Pattern?
« on: November 09, 2019, 22:55:25 PM »
Has anyone ever seen a machine embroidery pattern for a Peter Pan collar?  I would like to embroider one onto the fabric of a dress for a 2 year old so that it looks like a collar but is, in fact, just embroidered.

Failing that, a FSL  (free standing lace) pattern for such a collar would do - I can find one for small babies but not for a toddler.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

Re: Collar Pattern?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 10:13:43 AM »
@Acorn , I'm sure I've seen these somewhere.  It'll drive me mad now trying to think where they where.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 11:23:46 AM »
A quick google of "machine embroidery design collar"  gave me this as one of the first results - linky

Also could you embroider it directly on the dress, or would the angle of the shoulder seam mean you couldn't get it flat in the hoop?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 11:25:33 AM by Bodgeitandscarper »

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 11:59:22 AM »
That's not quite what I had in mind, but it might be workable - I'll have a good look.  I was imagining something that looked more like a lace collar.

I'm hoping to find something that comes in four parts, so I can embroider it onto the fabric before cutting out and sewing.  The linked one is just the front, but does seem to come in two parts - I could do without the back, although I'd rather it went all around.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:01:24 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.