The Sewing Place

Hello - or is it hi?

Jane

Hello - or is it hi?
« on: March 01, 2017, 21:46:39 PM »
I'm Fran's mum and she's much better at sewing than me! I often get presented with new tops when I see her.  :shirt:

I think I'm tempted to really crack on with some sewing. I've got the Husq Viking #1 out of the cupboard. Not used it for about 5 years .. but as expected... she is purring along...  :sew:

Jane
Jane (I'll get Fran to sew it)

Lilian

Re: Hello - or is it hi?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 22:15:07 PM »
Hi Fran's mum, welcome to the fold.  I'm glad to hear you are going to be sewing with us.  :sew:
Willing but not always able :)

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 22:16:39 PM »
Remember that linen skirt you were going to make...erm... ten years ago?

Have you found the fabric for that again? Make it! (Or make linen trousers instead!)  0_0

Jane

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 22:29:42 PM »
Linen trousers first... to go with the sunflower top "that you are going to make me Fran  :P"

First I need to adjust this trouser pattern that I have that's about 3 inches too short in the rise at the back!!  I've made the toile out of one of your old duvet covers, so it's a bit lairy!

If I can get a good trouser pattern that fits me... there'll be no stopping me. I need more than the 4 pairs of black trousers I wear all the time!
Jane (I'll get Fran to sew it)

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 08:39:24 AM »
Welcome Jane!! Hope Fran is going to persuade you to do the sew-along - the more the merrier!

Feel for you with the trousers.  I use the Stylearc Barb, perfect for work trousers.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Holly Berry

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »
Hello Fran's mum. Looking forward to your creations. My motto has always been, if someone else can do it, so can I, maybe not as good, but do it all the same.

I have a Husqvarna #1 I inherited from my Mum. Sadly although it still performs well, some of the omni motion embroidery are a bit dodgy. I've just treated myself to a Husqvarna Sapphire 930, very similar to #1
Procrastination get behind me