The Sewing Place

En suite sewing room

Puzzler

En suite sewing room
« on: November 10, 2019, 18:11:22 PM »
Yes, my sewing room has an en-suite bathroom.  :D I can live with that.

Since moving I have used the room as a dumping ground for non-sewing/craft related stuff. I did a bit of clearing just now. Stuff has been scattered to new zones and I will have to find homes for it all or it’s getting chucked/donated.

It’s a work in progress. Along with the en suite the room also has a walk in closet. I am hoping to get some shelves put in and also along at least one wall to free up floor space. I would love for the cutting table to be pulled out enough so I can access it on all sides for when I am laying out patterns or making curtains.

Here is a sneak peek with the new addition. I do not name my machines but in honour of Imi who comes up with some cracking names for her machines and quilts, I have named the new baby Phoenix, as in rising from the ashes.  Thank you @Missie for that suggestion. What clinched the deal was noticing the Franklin’s website designer was called ‘Talk to Phoenix’!  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ellabella

Re: En suite sewing room
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 18:14:47 PM »
Wow @Puzzler that looks amazing. Having a dedicated sewing space is wonderful and one with its own loo!!!

Celia

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 18:21:50 PM »
Love it, I hope you have many happy days with Phoenix

coffeeandcake

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 19:10:30 PM »
What a fab set up!  If my sewing area had an en-suite I would definitely drink more tea and coffee than I already do.

Lilian

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 20:50:35 PM »
That's great!  Since moving I no longer have a sewing room  :( it's living-cum-sewing room now  :\
Willing but not always able :)

Missie

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 21:15:12 PM »
 <3 <3 <3

Kenora

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 21:27:19 PM »
Great room, @Puzzler - and having its own en suite elevates the humble sewing room to new heights!  :D And your walk in wardrobe sounds just right for storage too. Fantastic.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Elnnina

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 10:47:54 AM »
You are a lucky lady Puzzler with that room, and what a super cutting out table you have - I see that it can be at any height and that is good.  Hope your ideas for this room materialise - now just enjoy, especially your new machine.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 11:20:10 AM »
Cor, a walk in closet that you can fill with fabric  <3 <3

snoozi soozi

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 12:32:10 PM »
Me like  :)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Lowena

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 12:34:48 PM »
Very nice
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Gernella

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 13:28:02 PM »
Beginning to feel a bit of a slut, so tidy.  Love that cutting out table.  I could do with that lamp as well.  I did 'order' one from Father Christmas about two years ago, what I got had a max of  60W, no height and only the head bent over, slightly. That machine looks tasty as well.

Shall I just move in?
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Nevis5

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 13:34:47 PM »
A great room!  Enjoy!! x

Silver Rose

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 14:21:36 PM »
It is a super room, Iove it too but am a bit jealous. Enjoy it.
Still learning

Puzzler

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 21:23:07 PM »
The table is a pair of Trestles with a kitchen counter top, both from Ikea bought over 20 years ago. As I get older, I get shorter so the trestles have been moved down a few notches since I started using it. ;) The lamp is from Lidl. @Gernella, come join me.