The Sewing Place

En suite sewing room

Gernella

Re: En suite sewing room
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 11:31:21 AM »
I don't think I'd last a week @Puzzler, you'd kick me out after a week for cramping your style.

There is somebody advertising on our Next Door neighbourhood website with a drop leaf table for sale.  They are not exactly in our neighbourhood but I knew his mother donkey's years ago so I know exactly where he lives.  It's been on the site ages and I've been looking at it and wishing, but the room is stuffed enough what with my stuff and kitty stuff.  I've visualised sticking casters on the bottom.  I can't understand why it's not gone already.  I'd need to get rid of a desk to make room and it would take two strong men to get it out and downstairs.

Love  the notched trestle table though, that is a good idea.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Puzzler

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2020, 15:43:12 PM »
You know how one thing leads to another. I was hoovering the carpet, the cobwebs off the walls, coving and windows. Glaring at the vertical blinds that I aim to remove from the other windows in the house eventually, I decided to take this set down. I had bought some net wire. As there were holes in the upvc frames already, I stung up the wire and hung a pair of Ikea sheers that I used in my last two rental homes. I think they have been repurposed nicely for the third time. They will do for now.

Gernella

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2020, 16:04:23 PM »
Wow, that looks like a decent view beyond. 

The light shades in my sewing space have been up for around 40 plus years.  Every time I look at them I shudder, and last time I changed a bulb I was showered in dust.  I've seen some new ones but not worth shelling out now until I manage to decorate, which on current progress  elsewhere, will be next year. 

I look at your sewing room and I could weep really, there's that much stuff in mine at the moment, if I'm not careful I'll finish up in the newspaper of untidy rooms section. :S

I did get a new work light for Christmas though, similar to yours, and I am well impressed  with it.  That chair of yours looks very tasty as well @Puzzler.  Jaycotts are selling some chairs for £99 but they have arms on and from past experience they get in my way.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Puzzler

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2020, 16:51:46 PM »
I am sure your gear is merely organised chaos. If you can still function in your room, you are doing okay @Gernella   :). As I can spread out, I have now stashed stuff all over the house, like a squirrel hiding nuts. Not so organised at the moment because I can’t remember where I put stuff. I have designs on a downstairs hanging closet being turned into a linen cupboard for dressmaking fabric. Bedding can go in there too, I suppose.

The chair was bought at Staples years ago and looks really nice but is very uncomfortable for long sittings. Fine for a stint of machine stitching but that’s it. I agree about chairs with arms.

Lollipop

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2020, 18:54:50 PM »
It's great @Puzzler  :D
There's been many a time I have wished mine had an en suite  :o
Was Sewnanny

Gernella

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 10:13:10 AM »

I have designs on a downstairs hanging closet being turned into a linen cupboard for dressmaking fabric. Bedding can go in there too, I suppose.

Now I am really envious.  I bought a nice cane chest of drawers a couple of years ago, very tall, plenty of drawers and now completely full.  I keep saying to myself, no more until I've gone down a bit on my 'stock', but then an email comes with the latest fabrics in and off I go.

Just enjoy it all.  Nice to have your own space to work and yours looks very pleasant. 

Puzzler

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2020, 15:23:08 PM »
Managed to clear out loads of plastic boxes. Now I can see woods thru trees i.e. both my quilt and dressmaking fabrics together.  Still have more boxes to empty, the contents of which will need new homes.

I also created a pile of discarded fabrics and remnants to take to a charity shop.

@Iminei, the units are New Verona, from Argos. Room for one more in the closet.

Got some sewing to do, folks. The Juki is under there somewhere.

Ellabella

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2020, 16:41:39 PM »
@Puzzler I am impressed, that quilting fabric is beautifull folded <3

Iminei

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2020, 20:37:29 PM »
Thar first pic is awesome @Puzzler particularly the Batik? blue and white near the top!!

Would you like to come and help sort through my stash???

Seriously Girls, anyone want to come help sort my Sewing/Art/Craft/Wardrobe/Spare room ... pleeeeaaassee???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2020, 00:14:58 AM »
You wouldn't like the nagging if I came  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2020, 05:05:36 AM »
@Iminei I wish I could.  For about a month.  Wait. You've got a lot, right?  It might take 6 months to a year.

I'll need to bring cats. They're useful for sorting stuff.  :meow:  :wool:  :meow:  :fabric:  :gin:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Puzzler

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2020, 06:33:17 AM »
You wouldn't like the nagging if I came  :D

Too much green fabric, @Lowena:P

Puzzler

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2020, 06:38:05 AM »
Thar first pic is awesome @Puzzler particularly the Batik? blue and white near the top.

I have been hanging onto that fabric, bought in some warehouse in Manchester in the 90’s, for I don’t know why. I washed it three times, including one with Synthropol which is meant to release all the excess dye, to no avail. Fine if you make something you are never going to wash or will wash separately. It’s yours if you want it.

Lowena

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2020, 10:18:29 AM »
Too much fabric of any kind @Puzzler
I don't see any need to have a stash of anything  :angel:  except wine gums  :devil:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

stevedb

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2020, 10:53:38 AM »
Wow I am jealous too, as my cutting table is my circular dining room table would love my own sewing room big enough to fit everything in!
Recycling shirts into cushion covers to help reduce landfill!