The Sewing Place

Today I made a discovery

Lilian

Re: Today I made a discovery
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2019, 22:35:57 PM »
I would worry about it not feeling like mine if I had it longarmed as well. Perhaps it's silly of me -<

I am still very much a novice to P&Q but I feel the same @Lowena . I don't have room for anything on a large scale but would feel it was not 'me' giving all the input  :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2019, 08:24:23 AM »
@Lowena .... really?
Teenagers?

You don’t treat them like that when you knacker yourself out looking after them when mum needs a break ....

Mmaybe I should start making extremely posh fascinations for weddings and such ....
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2019, 08:53:04 AM »

Mmaybe I should start making extremely posh fascinations for weddings and such ....

What a great idea.  I'm sure you would be successful if you used your talents to start your own business.

Ellabella

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2019, 10:09:35 AM »
@Iminei fascinators are a fab idea. Imagine a flock of butterflies nodding on the head of someone going to Ladies Day.

Mind you my SILs grandma had the best idea. She said she wasn’t going to wear a hat at their wedding, she was going to wear a tantiliser.

Ploshkin

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2019, 14:00:18 PM »
@Lowena I don't think you're silly, I feel the same way.  Perhaps, when I get too feak and weeble to wrestle a quilt under my machine I might consider a longarmer doing it for me.
I feel the same about decorating and other things that I do. 
Life's too short for ironing.

Lowena

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 16:16:43 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way @Ploshkin
Triumph of hope over experience :D

datcat23

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2019, 20:26:33 PM »
Gosh I didn't realise people felt this way.

I only really dabble in quilting, my primary sewing is clothing for myself.  I don't produce the fabric, or design the patterns, but what I make is all my own work.   I understand how you feel, but I worry that you are placing unnecessary stress and burden on yourself. 
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m