Lisalou1965

Re: The fourth bridge
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 06:02:11 AM »
Well, finished the panel to go into the back of the quilt
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 06:34:27 AM »
Fabulous. If I ever put that much effort into the back of a quilt. Well, first, somebody stop me. But if I did, I wouldn't call it the back I'd call it a reversible quilt.  ;)

You're reversible quilt will be lovely. Who's it for? Do you need my address to mail it off?  :ninja:

ETA: BTW, love your cat. A Tortie? BY what name does it ignore you. Our cat that escaped and was missing for 5 1/2 months, that we got back last Monday, is a Tortie. Cali by name. Full name Cali Caledonia.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:37:22 AM by Renegade Sewist »
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Lisalou1965

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 15:02:51 PM »
@Renegade Sewist , I’m glad you like it! Sadly for you, it is for daughter #1 who is waiting impatient for me to finish! :P. The little tortie cat sadly died this past summer . Her name was Domino and I still can’t bring myself to change the picture. I miss my little sidekick. We have since adopted another tortie but she is a Maine Coone and enormous! She is definitely husband’s cat though.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 23:23:41 PM »
@Lisalou1965  I am truly saddened to learn of sweet Domino's passing. Leave it up as a tribute. My cell phone background is of a sweet little Tabby, name of Emily, who died almost 4 years ago.

A Maine Coon Tortie!!! Double trouble if you ask me. We had a stray adopt us years ago. A Maine Coon Tortie Manx if you can imagine. Huge, crazy, mischievous and full of love. Ran like a jack rabbit throwing both hind legs past the front legs. She'd been with us for a year or so when one day I was rubbing her belly and a little "protrusion" erupted from her nether region.  :S We went to the Vet who brought the entire staff in. Our little Pajama Butt was a Hermaphrodite. Everything about her was weird and rare.

A pair of Pitt Bulls roaming the streets got her in our yard. Very sad day.

Lisalou1965

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2019, 14:27:04 PM »
@Renegade Sewist - your Maine Coone certainly brings ours to mind. Also nuts, extraordinarily bouncy, affectionate and a bit of a diva - HAS to be the centre of attention at all times. I feel somewhat for poor little dog. He is only 2.5 kgs (long haired chihuahua) and she weighs 9 kgs. She is well known for "sharing" the bean bag with dog. Translates as he curls up, she comes along and curls up almost on top of him and squashes him further and further away, until he gives up and leaves.

I am so sorry to hear of the terrible end for your lovely cat. So sad.

Lx

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 07:30:07 AM »
Sounds like a typical Tortie, amplified by being a Maine Coon. We have a Mother/Daughter pair of DMS Torties, daughter turning 4 next March and Mom perhaps a year older. The Daughter, Mischa, joins me here in the desk chair by sliding down behind me from the arm. She then proceeds to attempt to push me out of said chair. Sometimes it works, as she has realized if she applies her paws to my back and slightly extends her claws.....I leave.

Lisalou1965

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2019, 13:58:13 PM »
Well, I have done the sandwich and started quilting...decided on machine quilting - i just wont have time to do it by hand, not with my other commitments before Christmas.

L

annierose

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2019, 14:44:48 PM »
Hello! I find it easier to pot on this Forum than Gransnet. This is lovely - and I agree that it is a 'reversible' quilt.I do hope you get it done, but don't rush - after all this effort you wan it tobe just right.

Lisalou1965

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2019, 19:57:19 PM »
Hi @annierose ! I have actually nearly finished - had a bit of a blip as daughter number 2 needed a shepherdess outfit this week - no prior warning, which entailed a quick (and awful, might I add) skirt, plus less awful apron needed to be conjured up out of nowhere. Anyway, binding almost done, should be in the bag over the next couple of days xxx

Lisalou1965

Re: The fourth bridge - Tadaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2019, 19:51:47 PM »
Aaaand, it is finished. Tomorrow I will take pictures for you lot and will post 'em. I managed to finish before Xmas - so relieved...

Lisalou1965

Re: The fourth bridge TA-DAAAAAAAAAH
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2019, 17:44:01 PM »
My daughter loves the quilt, she took pictures but she took them  in the street.... oh well, she is happy, as is her OH
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 18:52:42 PM by Lisalou1965 »

fajita

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2019, 17:51:19 PM »
Beautiful, well done.

Acorn

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2019, 18:17:33 PM »
Well done - it is lovely.  Isn't it nice when you give something to someone who appreciates it!!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2019, 09:15:00 AM »
Beautiful Lisalou ... will we be seeing you in the Darkside next year???/
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again