The Sewing Place

My overlocker cover

Nanajan

My overlocker cover
« on: June 09, 2020, 09:05:35 AM »
I made this overlocker cover recently following a YouTube video. A bit fiddly & the seams don’t match up at the top but it will do for me. There is a large pocket at the back & a sectioned one at one side, if I made another I’d put a pocket either side. Now I need to make a better mat with thread catcher
Ops can’t show photo
Janet
I'm just catching up with yesterday by tomorrow I'll be ready for today

BrendaP

Re: My overlocker cover
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 09:48:05 AM »
@Nanajan   Only subscribers can add photos as attchments.  Non-subscribers can add links to a photo that's anywhere else on the web.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 10:03:09 AM »
You are far more industrious than I am @Nanajan, I took the easy way out and bought the Bernina bag for it, which for me is quite useful if I'm carting up and down stairs in summer.   I've had a binge on machine bags recently, after getting a kitten who considered everything was for climbing on.  He's older and not that bothered now but I must admit the bags are quite useful for machines that don't have a hard case.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Nanajan

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 10:49:56 AM »
Thank you both, I felt I needed a better cover than the plastic one that came with it, I did make a mat with a thread catcher bag but it’s a bit small
Janet
I'm just catching up with yesterday by tomorrow I'll be ready for today

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 15:11:01 PM »
I felt I needed a better cover than the plastic one that came with it

My iron thought they were very tasty.  I melted one hole and about half an hour later I made another one.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Vezelay

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 15:40:53 PM »
My iron thought they were very tasty.  I melted one hole and about half an hour later I made another one.

Ditto :) Rubbish plastic cover disintegrated. Just enough left to take it's replacement's measurements from. Looking forward to seeing @Nanajan's as and when.

justpottering

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 08:54:18 AM »
I need to make a cover for mine, hate the flimsy plastic thing  :\ I also need to make a mat for it because it moves about when I use it  :S as for a threadcatcher I need one the whole length of the desk my machines sit on, or better still one that goes all around the room  0_0
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

wrenkins

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 09:00:20 AM »
@justpottering I made a mat for my SM a couple of weeks ago and now it moves. It didn't before! I'll need to get some non slip mat stuff for underneath. I made a matching thread catcher last night.  :angel:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Gernella

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 18:37:32 PM »
Actually you've got my juices going, I need a light case for my new camera, nothing fancy just something to slip it in while it rests with my usual bag rubbish.  I've got some leftover faux suede scuba fabric left.  That will just do nicely (in the fullness of time).