The Sewing Place

Automatic Payments cancelled?

Sewbusy

Automatic Payments cancelled?
« on: November 17, 2019, 10:41:21 AM »
@Iminei Email from PayPal yesterday saying you've cancelled the automatic payments for subscription. Can you advise please.

Iminei

Re: Automatic Payments cancelled?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 13:32:22 PM »
Not from me ... possibly you're still on the old PP address ??

New PP address is iminei1@thesewingplace.org.net

You last paid your subscription on the 6th Nov '18 ... we had the PP debacle early this year and have had to open a new account ... probably that.

You can click on the subscribe button ( in the banner heading), pay manually to the address above or by bank transfer/cheque ... pm me for details.

Hope that will sort you out hon

Imi
xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sewbusy

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 17:18:47 PM »
@Iminei Thank you. Will sort it.xx

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 06:04:15 AM »
How is this all handled for foreign members? I thought I might pay up next year and join the throng but it's been ages since I've purchased anything outside of the US and I've never used Paypal. I may or may not trust PayPal I may or may not trust anyone with financial things online...
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 08:36:06 AM »
You could subscribe by Bank Transfer ... Dont know how it would work with currency conversion (Is that right?)

Have you anyone over here who could pay on your behalf?
Alternatively you could send a cheque ?

Sakar (Austria) doesnt do PP either and left me an amount of £££ when she was last over here, as a fund for English purchases and subscriptions.

Holiday to England coming up??? Or Anyone going over to the USA, willing to pick up payment on RS's behalf?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 08:39:41 AM by Iminei »

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 03:04:23 AM »
Thanks @Iminei  and @Francesca . I'll look at those options as well as some sort of prepaid card or PayPal account to use. I just don't want any of them dipping their fingers into the account I'd need to use. It's on my "after the Holidays" list anyway so some time to sort it out.

I was hoping for an extended visit to come and stay with @Iminei  but can't clear the time.  :angel:  :devil:  :angel: I'm sure she'll be devastated at this news, what with her being on my Buddy list and all.....

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 11:17:32 AM »
Heartbroken!

mudcat

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 04:27:39 AM »
Rene, I've paid via PayPal the last two years and it's just like any credit card payment.  You can pay via PayPal without having an account.  I don't have one nor do I want one as I've a dislike of them. They try to get you to create an account but you can decline.  They'll give you the option of paying in US dollars or Pounds.  If your CC charges for foreign money then you're probably better off letting PayPal charge you in dollars and take care of the exchange. Be prepared to get questioned by your CC company.  You can preemptively let them know you're making a foreign transaction.

Really though it's a simple transaction.  I buy foreign stuff regularly and have never had a problem.  Only time I had a problem was domestically.  You can also see if your CC company offers one time numbers to use.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 04:31:37 AM by mudcat »

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 10:59:23 AM »
Thing is I don't really have a CC. It's a debit card to my checking. It does work as a CC I think and does have a major CC company logo on it. Wasn't sure with it for International currency.

Thanks for the tips @mudcat . I'll keep that in mind while I sort it out after Christmas. I'm putting everything I can after C'mas.