The Sewing Place

Ignore boards options

UttaRetch

Ignore boards options
« on: November 17, 2019, 13:57:11 PM »
I don't know whether I am coming or going.  Do I check or uncheck the boxes of the boards I want to ignore, AND is doing the parent board enough or do I also have to deal with the child boards?  Thanks, people.

Iminei

Re: Ignore boards options
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 14:04:27 PM »
@Francesca @Acorn  ... over to you techbods
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 14:21:49 PM »
Trial and error tells me that you tick the ones you want to ignore, and you will need to tick the child boards as well.

It will then exclude the ticked boards from 'Unread Topics', although you will still see them on the index page.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sewingsue

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 14:48:17 PM »
I thought about ignoring some boards  but then thought that something might turn up that I wanted to read. So I just go to unread topics, read any that I fancy and mark the rest as 'read'.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 16:47:34 PM »
Trial and error tells me that you tick the ones you want to ignore, and you will need to tick the child boards as well.
Thanks.  I'll give this a try.

wrenkins

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 07:40:23 AM »
Exactly what @Sewingsue says.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 08:39:58 AM »
Believe me, I have no interest in patchwork and/or quilting nor any of the machine-related threads.  The cafe is my first port of call and then in the wardrobe.

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 11:41:41 AM »
I'm afraid I have to admit I only 'discovered' Unread Topics a couple of weeks ago.  So I must have missed lot I would have been interested in. :fish:
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included