The Sewing Place

"Quilted cloque jersey"

sewingj

"Quilted cloque jersey"
« on: November 20, 2019, 15:17:54 PM »
I`ve just taken delivery of this and it`s currently in the washing machine

https://www.thetextilecentre.co.uk/products/heavily-raised-stripes-quilted-cloque-jersey-dress-fabric-material-navy-red?_pos=10&_sid=0c3d54ce5&_ss=r&variant=19057683595318

I`m aiming to make McCalls 7538 view D which I have used before but I need a slighter bigger version!
https://www.sewessential.co.uk/misses-crossover-band-top-dresses-mccalls-pattern-7538

I`m pleased with the fabric but it is most definitely bumpy and I`m wondering if that will cause me problems.  Any thoughts?  I don`t have an overlocker so most of the seams will be zig-zagged

b15erk

Re: "Quilted cloque jersey"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 15:25:39 PM »
@sewingj , that is very very nice...  :loveit:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 16:55:52 PM »
Oh I do like that fabric.

I would have thought if you take it steadily it should zig zag fine.

Wanders off to make evening meal chanting ‘I must not look at the website, I must not look at the website’

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 18:17:09 PM »
That's going to be a lovely dress @sewingj. Zig zagging the edges should be fiine.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Vezelay

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 22:37:57 PM »
The website description says it's a dream to sew  :) so you should be fine. Great looking fabric and so cheap - I'm tempted!

Greybird

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 22:51:00 PM »
Will you be matching up the ridges on pieces you are joining? The only thing that occurred to me was that the ridge on one piece might slide into the "ditch" on the other. If so, you would either need lots of pins or perhaps tacking. Well worth the effort - it's lovely. Look forward to seeing the finished garment.

sewingj

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 11:19:57 AM »
@Greybird  I'm not sure. There are lots of pieces and I think that if I match one bit that'll un-match another.  I've got plenty of fabric so I will see what I can do