The Sewing Place

Patternsy (good) report

Vezelay

Patternsy (good) report
« on: November 21, 2019, 17:22:47 PM »
My usual go-to pdf copyshop Netprinter worked out too expensive for 4 X AO sheets so  I contacted a couple of the other possibles (not all will post to Ireland).

Turned out Patternsy were cheaper this time and will also remove layers if your AO has that facility at no extra cost. Their service was impressive too - I emailed them late Saturday, the got back to me Sunday morning (!) and posted the patterns out to me Monday. Just thought I'd pass that on. Cost obviously depends where you live and how many AO sheets you want.

I usually print my own A4 but one was a Wardrobe By Me men's jacket pattern that for some reason defeated me so I gave up.

Brilliant to have just a couple of layers rather than many. Do any other pdf print shops do that I wonder? Not Netprinter or Dottyprint anyway. At least not unless you can send your pdf with the layers already removed which I can't.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 17:26:19 PM by Vezelay »

Helen M

Re: Patternsy (good) report
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 20:06:59 PM »
Glad they worked out for you @Vezelay I've used them in the past and their service has always been very good. It's sometimes nice to have the patterns all nicely printed out rather than all the taping!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

ClareInStitches

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 15:43:46 PM »
Could I ask, please, do you have to have a DropBox account to upload your patterns to Patternsy?

I have placed and order for two patters, but got totally confused and DropBox are now asking me to confirm membership. Not something I want to do, really, unless it is absolutely necessary.

Thanks,
Clare

Vezelay

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 16:29:54 PM »
@ClareInStitches you upload to the Patternsy Dropbox account from wherever on your device you have saved your pdfs. You don't need a Dropbox account at all. I keep my sewing pdfs in my Google Drive folder and uploaded them to Patternsy from there, didn't go near my DBox account.

If you're not sure if your files have uploaded correctly just contact them to check. And ignore Dropbox if you don't want an account.

ClareInStitches

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 21:05:29 PM »
Thankyou, Veselay.  I shall do just that.

Clare