The Sewing Place

New to sewing, and to the Forum

pip

Re: New to sewing, and to the Forum
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2019, 02:09:37 AM »
Welcome from me too, Tim. It's wonderful that you're having a go at something new. I have 2 tips, which is to look at the youtube tutorials on whatever aspect you're interested in or having difficulty with. I think they are even better than real life sewing lessons because you can watch bits over and over till you get it. The other is that once you have mastered the easier things you could make simple things like shorts for your boys if you wanted. The tutorials often have links to free patterns. Anyway I think you'll enjoy sewing!

Catllar

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2019, 16:35:27 PM »
Mea Culpa - I've just noticed I didn't say hello to you @Tim Sr . Thought I'd done it -oops, in my defence your honour we're not very well chez Catllar at the moment. So I'd like to offer you a bottle of my finest artisan  :gin: gin and a :cake: large cake!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Tim Sr

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2019, 09:04:12 AM »
Mea Culpa - I've just noticed I didn't say hello to you @Tim Sr . Thought I'd done it -oops, in my defence your honour we're not very well chez Catllar at the moment. So I'd like to offer you a bottle of my finest artisan  :gin: gin and a :cake: large cake!
Thank you @Catllar I have to be honest and admit to thinking I had responded earlier, dang memory failure here for sure. I thought we had bumped into each other in another thread, or it was me admiring your work while read through a lot of old threads. :) Thank you

Tim
Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up...check the pattern..Rip it out!

badgermat

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2019, 10:22:01 AM »

Hi Tim,

Welcome from another newbie. Rest assured that there is someone here who knows less than you :)

bm

pip

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2019, 17:05:41 PM »
Hi Tim, I just noticed, to my embarrassment, that I had told you you could make 'shorts for your boys', not realizing your boys are cats!  :meow: :meow:It evokes a funny visual image! I hadn't read thru everything when I gave you that tip! I think it'd be hard to get shorts on them :|

Tim Sr

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2019, 19:47:46 PM »
Hi Tim, I just noticed, to my embarrassment, that I had told you you could make 'shorts for your boys', not realizing your boys are cats!  :meow: :meow:It evokes a funny visual image! I hadn't read thru everything when I gave you that tip! I think it'd be hard to get shorts on them :|
@pip Oh no, please don't be embarrassed! Not many people refer to their animals/pets as "The Boys" :meow: :meow: or the Lads :meow: :meow:. I have to apologize for not being clearer here. And I really do like the idea for shorts for the Boys!! I could just buy a pair each, yes they are available now at the pet stores. It is all the rave these days to costume or dress up your pet. Now everyone thought Sunshine was a girl and wouldn't believe he was a he, so maybe a small skirt for him?

Tim
Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up...check the pattern..Rip it out!

pip

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2019, 23:29:30 PM »
Skirt would be easy to make!

Sara-S

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2019, 12:37:31 PM »
@pip Oh no, please don't be embarrassed! Not many people refer to their animals/pets as "The Boys" :meow: :meow: or the Lads :meow: :meow:. I have to apologize for not being clearer here. And I really do like the idea for shorts for the Boys!! I could just buy a pair each, yes they are available now at the pet stores. It is all the rave these days to costume or dress up your pet. Now everyone thought Sunshine was a girl and wouldn't believe he was a he, so maybe a small skirt for him?

Tim
Make the skirt plaid and tell everyone you got him in Scotland! ;)
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Tim Sr

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2019, 15:45:54 PM »
Make the skirt plaid and tell everyone you got him in Scotland! ;)
Now I like that idea, but try to take measurements on a cat with a floppy dangle tape measure!! (Play toy?)

Tim

Sewingsue

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2019, 16:04:52 PM »
Now I like that idea, but try to take measurements on a cat with a floppy dangle tape measure!! (Play toy?)

Tim
:D :D :D :D
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

UttaRetch

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2019, 16:16:43 PM »
Skirt would be easy to make!
And easier to fit.  :D