The Sewing Place

Floral robe

Catllar

Re: Floral robe
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 12:38:09 PM »
That's lovely!!  Genuine question for all : When do you actually wear this sort of ensemble? The way Jan works  is thus: wear clothes till I go to bed, I undress, do ablutions, go to bed in the buff. Get up and straight into shower, get dressed in clothes. Repeat on daily basis. So try as  I have I can't see where these lovely feminine floats would ever fit in!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Lowena

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 12:42:41 PM »
Same as above. I'm either in bed and naked or up and dressed
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Puzzler

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 12:47:19 PM »
The first thing I want to do when I get home from a day out, whatever the time, is to undress and put on my jammies. Not as glamorous as this little ensemble though.  :loveit:

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 13:02:39 PM »
They look super, but another one here who has to be dressed when I'm up, and naked in bed, although I do just put a dressing gown on in between having been in the hot tub and going to bed - but that's usually only for the time it takes for the woofs to go out for their bedtime weesandpoos.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 14:07:55 PM »
I never sleep naked and will often walk the dogs in my pj's, granted they don't look like typical pj's. There have been days when I haven't got 'dressed' at all and have gone through the day as I am. slob, moi?!

This wee Margo outfit might be reserved for a warmish day when I plan on mooching around the house  :)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Acorn

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 15:20:09 PM »
On weekday mornings I get up and see Mr Acorn off, then go and get abluted and dressed (a luxury of working from home), so that's one opportunity to wear a nice robe.  Quite often in the evening I get changed into something comfy but nice - an opportunity for a posh-pyjama-type outfit.

My Mum, in the '70s or '80s, had a dress that she often wore in the evenings - long, brightly coloured velour - and I think that's where I got the liking for having evening-at-home clothes.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2020, 15:47:14 PM »
@Catllar, I sleep in a baggy vest and pants or nightie when it's cold.  I lounge about in this

which is going to be replaced by McCall's 7875 (view C) until I get dressed at about 10am for either staying in or going out.  My indoor clothes are worn until bedtime and I change into these from my street attire.

sewingj

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2020, 16:20:07 PM »
Fabulous robe @UttaRetch

This house is usually cold so I wear a nightie to sleep in plus a thick towelling robe to wander about in.  Husband sleeps in the buff and has to remember to cover up when the grandchildren are staying!

UttaRetch

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2020, 16:25:21 PM »
Thank you but's not very practical.  I have to undo the first four buttons to get into it.  A wrap will be better.

Greybird

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2020, 17:28:02 PM »
I think I remember you making that one @UttaRetch ?

Catllar

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2020, 18:58:27 PM »
Well this has made interesting reading!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

UttaRetch

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2020, 20:01:39 PM »
@Greybird, it might go back to the late, but unlamented Sewing forum days.  :D

Lilian

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2020, 22:16:24 PM »
Lovely robe @UttaRetch I would wear that, in fact I would like to make one  :) :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)

UttaRetch

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2020, 08:12:50 AM »
I used

McCall's 6891 and first made it as a dress.  The robe if fully lined with a plush-like fabric for a bit of warmth.

Flobear

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2020, 10:53:52 AM »
Ooh, ooh, ooh, @UttaRetch you've reminded me that's exactly what I did mumble-mumble years ago!

I have the UFO in a bag and need a suitable lining because the fabric is a) thin and b) cold on the skin. What did you use for your lining? I bought some brushed cotton but it was more sheeting quality and I didn't like it much.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!