The Sewing Place

Query/suggestion

pip

Query/suggestion
« on: November 30, 2019, 06:21:28 AM »
Is there a category for getting helpful suggestions for problems we get with sewing projects? I couldn't find one except specifically for sewing machines, but I mean the actual sewing and figuring out patterns etc. I did see somewhere something about our project diaries but I think that was just for quilting. I don't know if it's ok to post about such problems in the Cafe or would that be like bringing 'work' into the 'fun' area, so to speak? I encounter many little puzzling things as I go about my attempts to make things for my grandchildren and have no one in real life to ask about, whereas I know there are many many very experience sewers here who could easily explain them to me. There are even things I could explain to new sewers, I guess. Thanks

wrenkins

Re: Query/suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 07:00:07 AM »
@pip if you go to 'In the wardrobe' there are some child boards (stupid name) at the top for technical questions or comments. I suppose you could start there...? I need actual lessons, never having had any, and if I get stuck that's where I go. There's also a section there for member's diaries.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 07:32:52 AM »
@pip it's pretty relaxed here about where things go.  The best thing if you are looking for advice is to make that clear in the title of your thread so that it doesn't get overlooked e.g. Help with ....... needed  or ........ advice please

If you're making garments then the wardrobe section would be appropriate and there is a child board for patterns.  There will always be plenty of people willing to help.
Life's too short for ironing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 08:48:44 AM »
In the wardrobe is the place for sewing related problems @pip.

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 11:53:23 AM »
All good suggestions above.  If you do put it in the wrong place one of the admins or moderators will just move it, we really don't mind, so make a best guess!   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

pip

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 03:26:26 AM »
That is great to know, thanks!