The Sewing Place

PLEASE HELP!!

Ploshkin

Re: PLEASE HELP!!
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 13:33:02 PM »
I watched the lady on The Repair Shop getting a biro stain out of an antique white (cream) quilt.  She said that she would have to repeat whatever she was doing numerous times to get it out completely.  She was using  cotton buds and each time you could see some of the colour on the bud even though the stain didn't look any different to start.
Life's too short for ironing.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2019, 17:04:32 PM »
@Emily you'll just have to slash yourself and sprinkle the blood all over it. No?  :o
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Emily

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 17:15:05 PM »
@Emily you'll just have to slash yourself and sprinkle the blood all over it. No?  :o

Excellent idea!! Not very practical though. Just think of the mess.

Kittensposies

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 18:02:50 PM »
I’ve got a magic stain remover stick called Buncha Farmers. I use it on my handwoven baby wraps that I can’t wash; it has done the trick with most stains I’ve tried, but I haven’t tried with dried blood on white fabric.

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 08:18:54 AM »
Now this is probably way off piste BUT

I have some translucent star shaped sequiny type things that I use on cards etc ... They have no hole you just stick them on with a bit of clear drying glue ... maybe a few of them artfully placed  ??/

Its what I used in The Village ... they are there, but not  ... if you see (or dont) what I mean ... but have a sheen that can 'hide' things ????

linky
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

doesntworkonwood

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 12:58:22 PM »
I've had success with shaving foam on blood stains, maybe give that a go? You have to leave it for a bit and give it a scrub.

b15erk

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2019, 13:00:47 PM »
Hand cleaning gel is excellent for some stains.  I've never tried it on blood though.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lilian

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 19:38:11 PM »
@Emily I can't understand how the saliva didn't work, it always has for me.  I understand it needs to be your own saliva not anybody elses.  I chew on a bit of cloth and dab it on, fresh cloth and repeat until it is all gone.  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Emily

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2019, 22:18:13 PM »
@Emily I can't understand how the saliva didn't work, it always has for me.  I understand it needs to be your own saliva not anybody elses.  I chew on a bit of cloth and dab it on, fresh cloth and repeat until it is all gone.  :)

Well I pretty much spat directly onto the fabric, so I think I can safely say that it was my own saliva.

Celia

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2019, 22:42:59 PM »
Very cold water has worked for me. Hope something works for you.

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2019, 08:30:52 AM »
the spot of 'blood' looks very very red to me ..... you werent eating a sweetie or anything at the time were you?
Have you got an up to date pic?

BTW In the post today !!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Emily

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2019, 09:03:33 AM »
the spot of 'blood' looks very very red to me ..... you werent eating a sweetie or anything at the time were you?
Have you got an up to date pic?

BTW In the post today !!!

Definitely not. I don’t eat while embroidering, that’s just asking for trouble.