The Sewing Place

Stashbuster cushion cover

Lilian

Stashbuster cushion cover
« on: April 26, 2017, 22:44:45 PM »
I am quite new to patchwork and quilting and along the way I bought lots of small squares and odd bits of fabric.  I am now wanting to get a bit more into making something planned  :S.  So in an attempt to get rid of some fabric pieces I started sewing up four-patch squares... one thing led to another and I ended up cutting into strips and so on.  Then decided this piece would make a nice little cushion cover.  I used and old cotton sheet to line the patchwork and just did some quilting in the ditch and other places  :[.  So this is the first finished cover.  I am liking the brightness of it  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Ploshkin

Re: Stashbuster cushion cover
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 07:59:51 AM »
Those are lovely Lillian - great colours.  It just shows that it isn't always necessary to do convoluted, mathematical piecing to produce something effective
Life's too short for ironing.

Zigzag

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 08:45:14 AM »
Really lovely cushion you have made in your artistic design.  8-)

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 11:36:23 AM »
Lovely :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lantana

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 14:30:59 PM »
Thumbs up from me as well Lilian . I agree with Ploshkin  :)

Lanty  :vintage:

Lilian

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 20:07:29 PM »
Those are lovely Lillian - great colours.  It just shows that it isn't always necessary to do convoluted, mathematical piecing to produce something effective

Thank you Plosh, I am really pleased with the result.  I will do more tomorrow  :vintage:

Really lovely cushion you have made in your artistic design.  8-)

Thanks Zigzag, you're right I won't see another the same  0_0

Lovely :)

Thanks Low  :)

Thumbs up from me as well Lilian . I agree with Ploshkin  :)

Lanty  :vintage:

Thank you Lantana  :)

rubywishes

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 09:03:51 AM »
Now that is a very pretty cushion cover...would look great on my couch. 0_0
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Lilian

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 20:01:41 PM »
Thanks Ruby  :)

Unfortunately all the squares I used there was only one of each.  It looks great on my settee  :P  :vintage:

Sheilago

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 21:08:17 PM »
Well done, lovely project. You will soon find it gets addictive , like many of us have around here!

Lilian

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 21:41:37 PM »
Well done, lovely project. You will soon find it gets addictive , like many of us have around here!

Thank you Sheilago!  I am enjoying my journey, thanks to all you folks on here  :)  :vintage:

Snowgoose

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »
How pretty!  I would love some cushions like that scattered around, so bright and cheerful  8)