The Sewing Place

Latest two makes

DementedFairy

Re: Latest two makes
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 18:40:45 PM »
I think I should get those shares!   [And I should get commission from the Rag Market and Barry's too!]

I wore the dress to work today, and got quite a few compliments.  It was also REALLY comfortable, I didn't have to tug at anything or straighten anything out.  To my delight ['cos I was a bit concerned] the dress fabric behaves well with the lining too, so no skirt cling or climbing. 

All in all, a great success.  I think I need a bright green one now, and a black one.  What do you think peeps?

As for the garden Fran, we rent too, and most of what you see in those pics is in pots.  The whole caboodle has already travelled to three different rentals, and gets dealt with differently each time.  Here, the ruddy garden is so steep, that we've had to do some clever planning to get a good view from the bottom, as there is no level place after that gravel bed before you get to the very top.  That's why I look off balance in many pics- I am!
C'est moi!

Tamnymore

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 19:03:26 PM »
Shares in the Rag Market?? But surely you OWN the Rag Market?????  ;)
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

DementedFairy

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 19:13:07 PM »
Shares in the Rag Market?? But surely you OWN the Rag Market?????  ;)

I wish I did, then it wouldn't be moved and messed around
C'est moi!

maliw

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 20:33:19 PM »

All in all, a great success.  I think I need a bright green one now, and a black one.  What do you think peeps?

Go for it, it's always easier too when you've already made a pattern.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Vegegrow

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 20:41:03 PM »
Love the frock DF... Skirt is good too but frock wins hands down because its red and it looks fabulous
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Zigzag

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 20:12:52 PM »
Wow.  Absolutely fabulius outfits you have made. You are sew talented 8-)

Pinkstar

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 22:56:33 PM »
The red dress is fabulous.   <3