The Sewing Place

Christmas Stockings

b15erk

Christmas Stockings
« on: December 09, 2019, 09:08:52 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to put these, but here we go.

Two Christmas stockings out of eight finished, and three dress covers cut out and started.  Not a bad weekends work considering it had to be fitted in between hospital scans, fabric shop, and general weekend chores.

So, here goes, my first Christmas Stockings of 2019.  One is to be raffled, the other is to go to DD's friend.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Gernella

Re: Christmas Stockings
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 09:28:54 AM »
They are lovely, far better than I've seen and I've been looking, I bought one for DH this year.  He was such an ungrateful beggar last year with his Christmas presents that this year I'm just filling a stocking for him of cheap (ish) and cheerful.   

Mine was £6.99 with barely any decoration other than his name embroidered on.  I think yours would be more a Harrods price.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 09:30:25 AM »
@b15erk , those are delightful! Splendiferous! Marvelous!  The recipient's should be delighted. I know I would be!  :toast:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 09:41:21 AM »
Above and beyond @b15erk  ... Did you use up all of your stash ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 09:46:02 AM »
@Iminei  - not quite all!  :D  The decoration takes surprisingly little fabric, but the rest is quite fabric hungry.  It's the embellishment which takes the time, and sewing all the elements together whilst trying to avoid sewing over stray beads, and hotfix gems!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 09:57:38 AM »
Goodness Jessie, you don't make things easy for yourself do you!  They wouldn't have got curly toes if I'd been making them.  They are lovely.
Life's too short for ironing.

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 10:21:34 AM »
Gorgeous!!!   0_0  They'll have to have a banana in the toes rather than a satsuma.

I love that bobbly trim but have never managed to think of an appropriate place to put it - it's perfect on your stockings.   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.