The Sewing Place

A new friend

Mocarroll

A new friend
« on: December 09, 2019, 17:32:55 PM »
I blame all you lot out there. I had never considered buying a vintage machine but over the last few weeks I have been making a replacement seat cover in canvas for my son’s fishing chair, adding some webbing straps to his rucksack and reupholstering 6 dining room chairs. My Brother innovis1250 has managed (just about) but then I started reading some of your posts about the capabilities of the old Singers. @Manuela I read about your 201 and when I got onto the site of Sewalot it made me realise that I really needed one.
Let me introduce you to my new little lady.  One careful owner from new, all her bits and pieces intact (more than I can say about myself), even the keys for her case. When I found out she was a 1954 model just like me, it seems we were made for each other and at £40, a bargain.

Manuela

Re: A new friend
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 04:55:01 AM »
Congratulations on making a new friend.... :)

mums sewing machine

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 12:32:35 PM »
 :loveit:

You are right to blame everyone on here! Since I’ve been here (which is less than 3 months) I’ve bought 3 vintage machines!  :vintage:
No such thing as too much fabric

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 13:05:44 PM »
That's the same one my Mum used to have - even down to the faux animal case!  I think the small plastic-handled screwdriver is a 1970's addition, though ;-)

Roger

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 21:37:11 PM »
beautiful! everyone needs a 201 or 2... sorry did i just enable again? :)
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132