The Sewing Place

My Christmas hat

BrendaP

My Christmas hat
« on: December 10, 2019, 10:38:59 AM »
I made this several years ago for a craft club party where we were all asked to wear Christmas hats.

The  hat must be about 40+ years old, bought to wear to a wedding I think, and originally had a stiff felt bow which I refashioned into a bezel to hold the tree in place - it's just a little free-standing fibre optic ornament, M&S I think.  With new batteries it's good to go again this year.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

It will be worn with last year's version of this.  The sequins spell out Jingle Bells and there are several attached bells which do jingle.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Gernella

Re: My Christmas hat
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 11:44:46 AM »
That's a good one.  While I was at school I always used to win a prize because my dad was exceptional at it.  Last one I remember (Primary school), was a Christmas cake. 

Love that tree, I thought at first glance it was a candle.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included