The Sewing Place

Hi from Minnesota, USA

Sewingsue

Re: Hi from Minnesota, USA
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 22:31:34 PM »
Hello and welcome.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

whisker21

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 00:11:04 AM »
Hey @Tim Sr !

Here are some pics of the maternity jeans' hem work I did.  It's not perfect, but once I iron the hems I think they will do well. Note that these are two pairs of jeans that I worked on.  :)

I threw in a pic of the skullcap as well.  The YouTube instructional for that one is here: Scrub Cap/Skull Cap Video

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 00:12:48 AM by whisker21 »

Tim Sr

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 02:20:31 AM »
@whisker21 Awesome work on the jeans. I am also doing a bunch of jeans I have and still trying to get thing lined up properly. I will be posting pics as well in my diary soon, let the camera die and having to recharge it, too many kitty pics LOL
I am going to watch the video on the skull cap, and probably attempt making one, it is more along the lines of what I was wanting in the first place so Thank yo Very much

Tim
Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up, Rip it out, Sew it up...check the pattern..Rip it out!

UttaRetch

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 10:39:43 AM »
A belated welcome from me @whisker21.  I hope you like or little place and don't find us too eccentric.  Our English humour doesn't always travel.

Kenora

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 11:26:15 AM »
A warm welcome to the forum from me too @whisker21 . :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

snoozi soozi

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 13:20:06 PM »
Your pic should be in the Mugshot Gallery @whisker21  :)
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

whisker21

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2019, 13:30:16 PM »
@snoozi soozi Ha! I think you're right. The beard I've been growing makes me look a bit rough. But it's cold here in MN. Currently it's -5 F outside.

whisker21

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2019, 13:42:26 PM »
@snoozi soozi here's a pic of mini-me with the skull cap I sewed. She's much more photogenic.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 14:15:47 PM »
She's severely cute, and the pj's are marvellous  :loveit:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Kitten

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 16:58:31 PM »
What a little cutie.

Welcome from me also.

WendyW

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2019, 17:26:03 PM »
Welcome, @whisker21 ! I'm in MN also- about 30 minutes west of the TC.

whisker21

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2019, 17:33:37 PM »
@WendyW that's excellent news! We've been in Highland Park for about two years now. I'd love to hear about your favorite Twin Cities resources for fabric, etc.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2019, 00:12:42 AM »
@snoozi soozi Ha! I think you're right. The beard I've been growing makes me look a bit rough. But it's cold here in MN. Currently it's -5 F outside.

:toast: This Mug Shot Gallery, with TSP member photos.

Welcome from me too, from not so sunny as usual California.  :drink:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

WendyW

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2019, 01:00:44 AM »
I'd love to hear about your favorite Twin Cities resources for fabric, etc.

@whisker21  Hands down, SR Harris in Brooklyn Park. Huge warehouse of discounted fabric. Best prices overall, but JoAnn's on sale prices sometimes beat them. You can't beat the selection anywhere in the TC. They have a second store in Burnsville, but that one is a regular fabric store, not a huge warehouse. There's a couple specialty fabric stores in the cities but I've never searched them out. Otherwise, JoAnn's is the only other option.

There's a Textile Center (education for all fiber arts) in St. Paul that has a yearly fabric garage sale where great bargains can be found. It's huge and held at the UofM Resale store. They occasionally do a smaller sale at their own location. You'll have to check their website for dates. Follow them on FB to get notification/reminders.  Also check out any thrift stores in your area for fabric.  Goodwill rarely has much, but I've had really good luck at non-chain local charity shops. You'll have to figure out which ones near you tend to have a good selection.

whisker21

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2019, 02:36:09 AM »
@WendyW great pro tips! I'll check out those resources. I've already made a run on Joann Fabrics.