The Sewing Place

Simple man sewing.

Roger

Re: Simple man sewing.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2019, 19:04:42 PM »
Nice one! I ought to make one for my allen keys!
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Mick

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2019, 21:53:26 PM »
Before you know it, you will be moving on to zipper pouches to hold that ever growing set of Allen keys. Then double zipper, then triple zipper...

It's a worrying possibility.
There's yards of that old canvas left.  :fabric:   -<

snoozi soozi

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2020, 17:25:46 PM »
It's great but just one criticism observation - on your next project, try to incorporate the eyelets in your fastening method  :P
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Surest1tch

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2020, 19:32:45 PM »
Great idea Mick, not that I'd let him loose on my machines but I showed it to my DH and have spent the following 10mins listening to him trying to tell me what it is before I could shut him up and explain I knew and that a bloke made it  :S

Mick

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 21:38:14 PM »
It's great but just one criticism observation - on your next project, try to incorporate the eyelets in your fastening method  :P

Stop giving me ideas. I can get into enough trouble on my own.

I didn't need another spanner roll. But now I do need one with the eyelets in it.

Thanks.
Really... ><

;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 21:45:10 PM by Mick »

Mick

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2020, 21:54:24 PM »
Great idea Mick, not that I'd let him loose on my machines but I showed it to my DH and have spent the following 10mins listening to him trying to tell me what it is before I could shut him up and explain I knew and that a bloke made it  :S

Mansplaining is a real thing.

Not that I would ever dare do it.

Not around here, anyway...

toileandtrouble

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2020, 14:07:26 PM »
Nice one, especially precision guesswork!  Just posted one of my older projects in House Beautiful, since I didn't know where else it would fit.  Managed to get one upside down, but it will give you an idea of it.  Background is a placemat, for scale. They do go back in their places too.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Sewbee

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2020, 09:00:20 AM »
Well done! What a great idea! I have something similar for my crochet hooks. Very useful!