The Sewing Place

Another from TSF

Mamashep

Another from TSF
« on: April 28, 2017, 19:11:36 PM »
I registered here a couple of months ago, and have just got around to having a look around. Life has been giving me lemons by the lorryload, and sewing has been sidelined, but I'm hoping to get back to it very very soon. In September last year, my dad's house finally sold, and I was just getting that all sorted out when my aunt became ill. We were not too worried as she had similar problems previously, but things went rapidly downhill, and in December we found out she had a cancer, and she died on the 6th January. I
 am executor of her will, and found out that the Solicitor she had employed to write her will, has made a complete  bollocks of it. I complained to him, and he chose to lie to try to cover his own backside, not knowing that I had proof he is lying. It's all been a horrendous mess, and is currently in the hands of the law society.  I have been left my grandparents house, and promised my aunt before she died I would keep it, as I knew she would dearly love it to be kept in the family, but this may not be possible due to the solicitors mess.

In the middle of all that BIL died very suddenly too, so things have been pretty full on.

I'm also having problems with my health and still awaiting a definite diagnosis.

On the upside, I got a very very good deal on an ex demo 10 needle embroidery machine a couple of months ago, although I've not had time to do anything expect a quick test run.  I'm hoping that things will soon settle down and I will get a chance to sew. At the moment, when I have the energy, I don't have the time, and vice versa.

I'm hoping that haveing a read through the posts on here will help get my mojo fired up.

shadykittykat

Re: Another from TSF
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 19:24:38 PM »
Oh dear, it does sound like you have been through it lately. I hope everything gets sorted out ok and hopefully your sewing mojo returns soon
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 19:34:57 PM »
Sounds horrendous Mamashep. Hope things have turned the corner for you now and that you can relax with some sewing.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 20:14:22 PM »
That's just awful, Mamashep. Bereavement is something that life throws at us, often cruelly at times when we're least prepared for it but we never get used to it, even when we know it's coming and the legal issues you're experiencing add insult to injury at a time like this.

I do hope it can be resolved with a better outcome than you fear.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 20:23:14 PM »
Glad to see you Mamashep and so sorry to hear you have had such a sad time .. hope that thing soon settle down and you are able to enjoy your sewing again  :flower: :flower:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Sewsuzie

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 20:26:43 PM »
Hi Mamashep. Sorry to hear you've had more than your fair share of lemons recently  :(. Hope we can distract you with a bit of sewing chit-chat and get you inspired again.
Your new machine sounds very swish.

Suzie  :vintage:
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 20:47:24 PM »
Nice to see you here Mamashep.  Sorry to hear of your problems.  Sometimes life stinks.  I was glad to see the back of last year.  This year has been better for me and my family.  I hope things improve soon for you, even it just gives you a bit of sewing time.  It definitely makes you feel better.

Lollipop

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 20:51:05 PM »
Gosh Mamashep, you have really been through the mill lately and I hope everything will be better in the future. Hopefully you can be distracted by this forum and your new machine. Good luck x
Was Sewnanny

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 21:13:46 PM »
Hello from the former Enthusiast.  I did notice your name amongst the members list and am sorry that your life continues to be full of woe.

The Law Society has probably put your aunt's ex-solicitor's practise into suspension and he will almost certainly be struck of the roll, so there is some comfort there, and it may even be able to untangle your grandparents' title provided the house has not been sold.

Ravingdoll

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 14:34:56 PM »
Mamashep!  Good to catch up with one of my favourite ladies from the old forum.  Sorry to hear that it has all been so awful though.  My uncle died in the autumn of last year and my dear grandmother in February so I am no stranger to bereavement either.   I do hope that you get your own health problems sorted too.  One of my brothers is a probate solicitor so if you would like me to ask him anything do send me a pm. 

SkoutSews

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 17:36:26 PM »
It's good to hear from you Mamashep, but not at all good to hear that you've had your troubles to deal with.  I hope that your legal problems will be resolved and that your own health improves.

DementedFairy

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 18:07:53 PM »
Life really stinks sometimes.  Ah well.  We are here, and getting madder by the minute...not me you understand, it's all those others!

Wibble :S :P :angel:
C'est moi!

Elnnina

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 14:22:34 PM »
Hello Mamashep, so glad that you have joined us - I have missed reading all that you get up to sewing and family wise.

I wish you well, hope you soon get everything sorted out legal wise.  Also hope that your sewing mojo returns soon. 

Have fun with that new machine - sounds a wee bit frightening but I am sure will produce some stunning work.

Lantana

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 15:16:13 PM »
Hello Mamashep Oh heck you have been through it one damn thing after the other! I do hope that things are on the way up now and that your new machine and being here will help you heal. All the best  <3

Lantana  :vintage:

b15erk

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 15:13:32 PM »
MamaShep, lovely to catch up with you again!  Not so lovely that you are still having hassle.  :'(

Take care of yourself.  Look forward to hearing about your adventures with the new machine!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.