The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place’s year-long stash-busting challenge - 01.01.2020 - 31.12.2020

Ann

I'm almost done for the year. I have to start DGS's pajama pants today. When done, I will probably be just shy of having sewn 90 meters this year.

I'm looking forward to next year and sewing more from the stash. The focus will be on sewing down the doll's stash as their tubs are overflowing. I am going to do a bit more Christmas sewing and am looking for some fabric for baskets that I will embroider on. I have very little fabric for those and will run out of it quickly. My list is quite big and I will be breaking it down over the year so I can do a variety of things each month.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Ann

I finished sewing for this year. I had a huge fret over this one thinking I had messed up on matching the plaid lines. But I didn't and was able to finish on a high note.

I sewed 6.9 meters this month for a grand total of 86.9 meters for the year. Not all of it was old stash but I'm guessing about 75% was. There is less there than when I started in January. I'm looking forward to the journey in 2021.
Stash Busting 2023

Acorn

I think that's amazingly impressive, especially given how tiny many of the things you sew are!!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

Two more projects from the stash, and I'm pleased with both.

First up, the first sweater made with Burda 116 04-20.  I found this rusty pink stretch fabric in the dark recesses of the stash, and thought it would make up well as this Burda Sweatshirt pattern.

It looks nice, and is very comfortable, but a tad on the large size, but I'm happy with it.

The second came about when Lilya said that we were expected to wear Christmas sweaters for Christmas dinner.  Well, I have no such thing in my wardrobe, so I went back into the stash, and came up with this sequinned jersey.  Cut it out - two sizes smaller, but with a plain band as I was afraid it would irritate me, and it looked horrid, after I had basted it together.  :S

So, last night I cut out another band with sequins on the outside, and plain jersey inside.  It worked a treat, and I'm a happy bunny!  DD said dress up, so I think this one does it!

The mess though, was driving OH round the bend - cut sequins everywhere.  So, I've had a good hoover up, and a tidy round, and that's me done until Boxing Day!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SewRuthieSews

@b15erk absolutely lovely projects, the sequinned top would be great in the festive contest!

Anymore for the stash busting challenge? Its due to finish on 31.12.2020.

Ann

@b15erk, those tops are gorgeous. You did a fabulous job on them.

I'm letting the hems down on DGS's school uniform pants. One pair done, 2 pairs to go. I'm not sewing again until Jan. 1 of which I plan on having fun in the sewing room most of the day.
Stash Busting 2023

Morzel

@b15erk The Christmas sweater is lovely! I really like the band and peephole, great pattern. Will keep in mind for a sweater variation of my TNT.

@Ann You sewed up an remarkable amount of fabric... with lots of doll clothes even! Impressive.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 08:05:06 AM by Morzel »
Eva

Lyn-J

Apart from georgette and chiffon, I think I've gone and done It!  :toast: Yep, all used up!
Now what do you do with 5000 meters of flimsy fabric when you live in a freezing cold house   :S

toileandtrouble

Apart from georgette and chiffon, I think I've gone and done It!  :toast: Yep, all used up!
Now what do you do with 5000 meters of flimsy fabric when you live in a freezing cold house   :S
Light a fire?
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Acorn

Make frilly covers for all your household appliances.   ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.