The Sewing Place

January 2nd 2020

Lisalou1965

January 2nd 2020
« on: January 02, 2020, 07:10:28 AM »
Good morning to all!

Cold this morning but promises sun. Still to dark to check!
Back to work this morning - off to the hospital with mother for a check up on her eye this afternoon. Looks like a busy day.

Hope it is a good one for the rest of you

lx
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

UttaRetch

Re: January 2nd 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 08:15:51 AM »
It's a grey morning, but not particularly cold - no sign of frost or even condensation on the car.  I will probably go out today as I stayed in yesterday.

Hope the hospital visit goes well.
What goes around comes around.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 08:22:36 AM »
G'morning I'm going out to the market today to pick up a few things. My back feels a lot less sore after drugging myself up for tackling the clear-up y/day  :)

I'm seeing quite a few diaries popping up on here, and am wondering if I should commit myself ....  >:) we'll see

Coffee then pegging out washing

Have a good day all

twopence

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 09:10:22 AM »
OH has gone back to work today.  :(

I have some tidying to do and need to change over the calendar etc.  There’s a shop up on the parade selling Christmas paper for 50p so I think I’ll walk up and buy some.  I need to check that I have all the bits I need for my monthly quilt group on Monday.  We’re making dolls.  :S

My secret Santa present yesterday at the family gathering was some chunky wool, chunky needles and the pattern to knit a big cowl in one of my favourite colours.  It will be lovely when done.  OH was given a Meccano set and a box containing everything needed to grow his own herbal teas - all flavours that he doesn’t like.

Sandra

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 09:37:43 AM »
I'm tired. Was woken some time between 3 and 4, and then woke again at 7 when the bin men were emptying the recycling bins.

It looks very pleasant out.  :)  There's a bit of blue in the sky and the sun's trying its best to shine.

I have some sewing work to do today but it's not a very nice job. It's a coat to shorten the sleeves but there are some poppers in the way, so I've got to work out how I'm going to do it.  -<
Haven't a clue at the moment, but I haven't looked at it properly yet.

Sandra.
xxx

justpottering

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 09:53:09 AM »
Morning everyone misty here this morning

I’ve been for a short walk,  had breakfast, on my second cuppa and opened cards and replied to messages

We’re off out for the day and it will involve some birthday shopping and lunch we have a table booked at an Australian restaurant tonight but I’m not having the kangaroo burger  :S

Have good days all whatever you get up to
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 09:58:04 AM »
Good morning gang.. I have to go and see the lovely Dr Foot today but dont really want to go out as its cooollldd out there! BBBBBrrrrrrrrrrrr

But I'll put my big girl pants on and brave it ... also need to pick up some card blanks and get them and the prize winners badges into the post .. sorry you have had to wait so long @indigotiger @SewRuthieSews but they'll be on their way by the end of today!

Thats it for me, I think ..... Have a good one guys! xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 10:01:02 AM »
Dull and a tad wafty this morning.

We need to do a bit of food shopping today, I've run out of all options for breakfast - no Danish pastries, no milk for cereal, and no eggs and mushrooms for a cooked breakfast.

Also need to order a new cable for my armchair footrest - good old Amazon, next day delivery :D  Although I'm still waiting for the shoehorn ordered on next day delivery on Monday, they seem to have lost that between Amazon and Royal Mail  :[

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 10:42:25 AM »
Having opened the window, it's colder than I thought.  I shall be wrapping up warm for when I venture out shortly.
What goes around comes around.

sewingj

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 11:05:54 AM »
I`m feeling decided fragile today - I don`t drink so it`s probably due to eating unwisely recently.
This afternoon we have to go to the solicitor to prove we exist - AGAIN

mums sewing machine

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 12:24:07 PM »
Morning

Happy New Year!!

Lots to do

Happy Thursday xx
No such thing as too much fabric

Efemera

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 12:34:42 PM »
The house is Christmas free....not doing much else.

BajaSusana

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 13:36:09 PM »
Buenas Dias All!
The sun has not yet risen. Enjoying morning java in bed!
I spent yesterday culling my stash. I have a little more organizing to do this morning.
I am going out with a friend to look for muslin to continue my latest pants fitting journey! She is also collecting some of the fabric I will never sew.
I hope all of you stay warm. That your work days and hospital visits and shopping trips all turn out well!

Sara-S

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 13:38:31 PM »
Good morning all! I hope the year is off to a good start for you.  We are relieved to be done with home repairs for a while- the house is clean & stuff has been put back where it belongs. 

Maybe later, I will make it over to the archery range to play with my recurve bow.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Lachica

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 13:41:26 PM »
Up early (for me) and off to the hospital for a renal ultrasound. With a full bladder as instructed. 9.30 appointment. At 9.45 the receptionist asked the waiting room 'anyone here for ultrasound'? 3 of us were trekked round to the radiography suite to be told the consultant had messed up the rota and we'd need to reschedule. After we'd all been to the loo we gave our availability to the technician, who said she'd ring us later this morning. No call yet. I'm surprised the consultant was blamed, I'd have called it 'unavoidable circumstances' or even 'equipment failure'. Obviously I'm a shameless liar who knows who will be doing annual appraisals.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.