Lowena

Re: How is your hard work treated?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2020, 11:03:52 AM »
But @wrenkins everything IS disposable.......even us!!   :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Catllar

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2020, 21:16:02 PM »
I'd imagine the paid work is treated well because I don't undercharge and French ladies do in the main look after expensive clothes.

The costumes for the association are different. They cost nothing to the users - the adolescents are the worst - the floor is used as a storage area. The kiddies are just kiddies and they roll around and slide on their bottoms - they get excited - if the floor is the least bit  smooth. I don't let them eat or drink anything apart from water or bananas . I forbid glitter on hair or faces and I DO yell!  My adult dancers recognise the work and are pretty good - they respect the clothes, launder and return them neatly and on time. The only problem with them is they are bloody fussy, considering they have the dresses on their back for no more than 6 minutes max. still perhaps this year it will be different! :\
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

BriarRose

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2021, 17:11:48 PM »
Clothing, especially costumes, are ephemeral art. I absolutely sympathize at seeing costumes treated like old candy wrappers, but accept one can't teach good manners to the terminally thoughtless. When I turn over a project to a client, I have them sign a release agreeing the garment was in perfect condition when received so no one can come back later with a damaged item and claim it was defective.
It's just fabric. We can out-think it.